What's new

Does Skin Stretching Cause Wrinkles?/Is Straight Razor Shaving A Lifetime Activity?

These two questions have been in my head for a while and I am finally asking them. I don't want to offend anyone in any way, shape, or form.

1. With all the skin stretching that one does while straight shaving, will skin stretching eventually cause wrinkles? I don't know what kind of effect that will have on the skin long term. It's just an interesting question I thought of.

2. Is straight razor shaving a lifetime activity? When one gets older, the face is not as tight as it once was. Can one still straight shave with wrinkles?

Once again, I don't mean to be offensive if I am. I am just curious.

Some people believe that the stretching that wet shavers do is a good thing for one's face. Straight razor shavers do more deliberate stretching than DE shavers, as a usual thing, but most do some. Think of it as massage.

By the time I was 50 (60 now), when I ride a motorcycle, I look like one of those guys on the rocket sleds from the early days of NASA--big grin with cheeks flapping back over my ears. :laugh: Thanks to stretching, I'm still able to shave with a straight with no nicks.

Yes, it can be a lifetime activity and I did it daily for awhile. But I also enjoy double-edge shaving and now reserve straight razor shaving for Saturday nights. YMMV.

1. With all the skin stretching that one does while straight shaving, will skin stretching eventually cause wrinkles? I don't know what kind of effect that will have on the skin long term. It's just an interesting question I thought of.
I really don't think so; however, if you hold the stretch long enough, your face might freeze that way (just like your mother said....). :biggrin:

Some people believe that the stretching that wet shavers do is a good thing for one's face. Straight razor shavers do more deliberate stretching than DE shavers, as a usual thing, but most do some. Think of it as massage.

That's a good way of putting it.

These two questions have been in my head for a while and I am finally asking them. I don't want to offend anyone in any way, shape, or form.

2. Is straight razor shaving a lifetime activity? When one gets older, the face is not as tight as it once was. Can one still straight shave with wrinkles?

Once again, I don't mean to be offensive if I am. I am just curious.

My skin is much better for the stretching over the years- the wrinkles come from age and sun and wives and children and work and bills and all the other stuff we guys get to worry about and deal with.

You betcha' it is a lifetime activity. I am surely not one of our oldest members, but I am closing in on 60. You just have to stretch more and more and more and more, as your face sags and your jowls fall and you get that little under the chin goat-type thing that women all go to the plastic surgeon for. :lol:

My skin is much better for the stretching over the years- the wrinkles come from age and sun and wives and children and work and bills and all the other stuff we guys get to worry about and deal with.

You betcha' it is a lifetime activity. I am surely not one of our oldest members, but I am closing in on 60. You just have to stretch more and more and more and more, as your face sags and your jowls fall and you get that little under the chin goat-type thing that women all go to the plastic surgeon for. :lol:

:thumbup1:

Your face will probably wrinkle more from worrying about skin stretching causing wrinkling than from the actual skin stretching. :tongue_sm

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I think it's actually easier to shave with a straight the older you get.
By the time you get to be my age, you can just pull your chin up over the curve and shave a nice flat surface.

:lol:

natchez, i have always read your posts (as least the ones i have seen) as if you were in your mid-late 20s...

Thanks, I guess. I actually retired from business and am now a college professor, so I am around young folks all the time. Perhaps, that is why I seem younger, or it could be that I thought Clubman was an after dinner drink for a number if years.:lol:

Top Bottom