What's new

Rooney style 3 size 1 super silver tip vs. style 3 size 3

Hey guys,

I am new to this. For these two brushes is it just a difference in preference of the handle or is there something else a new b like myself doesn't know? Thanks.

These two brushes are the same style, but obviously there is a difference in size. I believe that the Size 1 has a 22mm knot and the Size 3 has a 26mm knot- which is a considerable difference.

Here's a side by side comparison. The Rooney 3/1 Super was my first good brush. Unless you have big hands and a large face, the 3/1 should be fine. The handle on the 3/1 is 2" tall, total height about 3 3/4". The 3/3 is also more than twice the price of the 3/1.

Size is all about personal preference. Some folks:lol: consider 26mm kinda small:thumbup: Depends a lot on loft though:thumbup:

For these two, I think the added knot size helps provide enough backbone but whether you like the feel of the larger brush is really on you.

Ken

I completely understand. I just bought the brush I was after used. You may try a WTB if the thought hadn't crossed your mind. You can either save some on the brush you want or get a larger brush for the same money.

You can't go wrong with the Rooney 3/1. It handles soaps really well. Builds great lather. You won't be disappointed....

Top Bottom