What's new

Culmak brushes please...

Here is a picture of my grandfather's Culmak brush (blue and white) that I got. It's not the looker that the others in here are but, obviously, holds great sentimental value. I haven't completed the restoration on it yet. It has since been cleaned out but I bought an 18mm knot and it is too small. Need to order a 20mm from TGN.

Last edited:
Bryon ,
Beautiful handle you have there sure its very valuable item since its belongs to your grandfather. i think 20mm TGN finest fan two band knot goes very well.

This is a little fellow I picked up in a small lot sale. I gave it a disinfect and shampoo, and it looks ready for action.
I shall probably pass it on at some stage, I'm getting overrun with brushes.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a butterscotch Culmak at the antique mall near me...looks very similar to those posted above...maybe I should go buy it...it's been there a while.

Culmak 30 Pure badger
Handle 47mm 18/36mm pure badger knot.

Attachments

• $culmak 30 pure badger.jpg
    $culmak 30 pure badger.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 264
Here is a picture of my grandfather's Culmak brush (blue and white) that I got. It's not the looker that the others in here are but, obviously, holds great sentimental value. I haven't completed the restoration on it yet. It has since been cleaned out but I bought an 18mm knot and it is too small. Need to order a 20mm from TGN.

ive got one ezacly the same but brown and in better nic

Here's a modern Culmak, the "Knight" model, next to my Omega 31025. Really, there's no comparison, the Omega is a much nicer brush. But the little Culmak works just fine! And there's something to be said for that.

$IMG_1970.jpg

Here's mine. I bought it on eBay and restored it with a Golden Nib knot. Haven't used it yet.
I think I need to seat the knot a little deeper.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Culmak Fifty-Fifty Mark II (Pure and Best badger mixed hair)
20/45mm made in England.Delivered unused condition.
here some pictures after first test lather...

Attachments

• $Culmak 1 50-50.jpg
    $Culmak 1 50-50.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 228
  • $culmak2 50-50.jpg
    $culmak2 50-50.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 228
  • $culmak 50-50.jpg
    $culmak 50-50.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 225
  • $culmak3 50-50.jpg
    $culmak3 50-50.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 227
Culmak Prince 20/48mm Nos with 1956 Royal institute of Public Health & Hygiene Certify.

Attachments

• $culmakprince1.jpg
    $culmakprince1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 168
  • $culmak prince2.jpg
    $culmak prince2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 167
My Culmak Spartan with a black Badger knot, regards to Muhle. works pretty well for me.

Attachments

• $culmak chubby badger.jpg
    $culmak chubby badger.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 157
Top Bottom