What's new

Culmak brushes please...

Recently i bought this culmak best badger and maybe this is my best brush i have ever used.. really soft 27mm best badger knot..I guess this is equal to todays two band super badger knot.. I know forum member marcoparis have very nice examples of them . please share your culmaks here.
Regards.

Thanks melyus...I'm on a butterscoch kick right now so yours is very cool to see as the intact version of my handle. Beautiful...how much do you want for it :lol:

Don't tell me that's the original knot...:w00t:

I think you sanded it. Well nice brush but I don't get it what is special about them unless it is nos. Btw nice Somerset.:thumbup1:

Oh, well in that case, I'm calling the authorities to report his fraudulent activities. I think it's a nice resto and if he wanted to enhance that vintage look, then I say more power to him.

And if that is the original knot, that's a pretty sweet score and a great looking brush.

If it's not the original knot, that's a pretty sweet score and a great looking brush.

:thumbup:

And by the way, it's special because he thinks it is and that's good enough IMO.:thumbup1:

P.S...not trying to be adversarial Berkin, just standing up 'cuz I have the same handle :thumbup:

Last edited:
No problem, TJ. I think it is great with this condition. I am so sure it has original knot. IMHO, Culmak is not a milestone in shaving history like Simpsons, Rooney. FYI after Gary's statement, I am looking down them a little bit.

Vintage culmak original best badger knot.. its a real lather machine.. i think only owners can describe it how is good.. im really curious to hear marcoparis response with his culmak brushes performance...
btw silver polished.

I hear ya Berkin...maybe not a giant in the industry, but I think these two brushes in particular give an indication of the history behind any vintage piece. These two clearly went down two distinctly disparate paths through their travels, but ultimately ended up as something special...perhaps for a second time. Kind of corny, but cool.

If you think my handle is in bad shape, you should have seen the knot:lol:

Let's see Marco's!

I know forum member marcoparis have very nice examples of them . please share your culmaks here.
Regards.

Hi Friends,
sorry but i'm changing home and all the pictures and brush collection is not available for the moment.
I'll post asap.
But I confirm My Culmak is one of my best brush!

this is a wonderful brush - hair is "best" quality, not ultra-super-fine-silver tip - but it is soft and luxurious.

proxy.php

he was NOS/IB when I bought him (dbay) - and he's certified!

proxy.php

All sweet brushes guys! I like the certification touch...nice.

So is it safe to say that Culmak only created one brush handle design?

Very nice examples of Culmaks. My mom found one in a second hand store for me and gave it to me for Christmas. Different version than the ones you have shown, but still a nice brush. I'll have to get a pic of it and post it. Thanks for sharing yours.

Top Bottom