What's new

This is Getting Out of Control

I wouldn't tell this to anyone else but you gents, because anyone else would walk away rolling his eyes. Besides, you guys would appreciate it. So here goes. Last night I dreamed that I was going to attend a post-football game party at the US Military Academy at West Point, a place I've visited exactly once in my life. The hosts were Army football coach Earl "Red" Blaik and his family. (Red Blaik has been dead since 1989, by the way.) So, in the dream I went into the bathroom to cleanup and get ready for the party and what should I find on the sink edge but a straight razor!! (I do not own a straight razor.) I decided that this was an omen and shaved with it. It was not a consistently good shave, but, in spots, was terrific. Then I woke up, showered, and got THE best shave of my life, the first real BBS shave I ever got (although I thought I had in the past; now I know better), with the least irritation. I don't know what to make of this except that I either need to spend less time on B&B or to spend much, much more time on B&B. Help me choose, please.

I thought there was a sub-forum for dreams about deceased sports figures and subsequent shaving proficiency.

I, myself, have found my slumber disturbed by visions of Shoeless Joe Jackson hogging all the hot water and spilling my Lilac Vegetal while Bronko Nagurski pounds on the bathroom door and tells him to hurry up, all while George Blanda recites a Haiku based on the straight shaving skills of Sam Snead.

So, you're OK, just don't tell anybody outside this forum, and it'll be fine.

I wouldn't tell this to anyone else but you gents, because anyone else would walk away rolling his eyes. Besides, you guys would appreciate it. So here goes. Last night I dreamed that I was going to attend a post-football game party at the US Military Academy at West Point, a place I've visited exactly once in my life. The hosts were Army football coach Earl "Red" Blaik and his family. (Red Blaik has been dead since 1989, by the way.) So, in the dream I went into the bathroom to cleanup and get ready for the party and what should I find on the sink edge but a straight razor!! (I do not own a straight razor.) I decided that this was an omen and shaved with it. It was not a consistently good shave, but, in spots, was terrific. Then I woke up, showered, and got THE best shave of my life, the first real BBS shave I ever got (although I thought I had in the past; now I know better), with the least irritation. I don't know what to make of this except that I either need to spend less time on B&B or to spend much, much more time on B&B. Help me choose, please.

Why do I all of a sudden have the urge to watch "Field of Dreams"? :laugh:

Top Bottom