What's new

Combining razors?

just wondering if any of you have ever used a combination of razors for the same shave the reason i ask is i have bin having thoughts of doing first pass with my murkur HD and then finishing off with my SS . has any one else tried to combine 2 razors into 1 shave?

I've used a DE to finish off after a partial with my Dovo. I ain't developed the noogies to do an ATG on my throat witha straight yet!!!:redface:

I've heard of people who use multiple razors during a shave. Personally, I don't. I use a straight most of the time so though I rotate daily I stick with the same one through the shave unless there is a problem with a particular razor but with a DE I can't see a reason to do it though you really don't need a reason I guess.

I have contemplated using a slant/Feather combo for those portions of my face that can take it, and using a Futur/Derby combo for the more sensitive areas. My idea was to be able to use two different types of blades without having to switch them out all the time. I still think it's a good idea, but I am testing right now whether I can simply use a slant/Derby combo for my entire face. If that won't work, I'll give the two-razor option a try. Best - MM

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I often do that when I use an injector, which I don't like for the ATG pass.

I will use a straight and a DE in the same shave. I'm learning the straight, so I have been doing the ATG final with a DE.
But I gotta tell ya I don't see the logic in starting with the HD and finishing with a SS. If you want a less aggressive shave in the later passes, just use an adjustable.

Reading through this thread I got a vivid image in my head of a surgeon standing over the operating table with all of his razors spread out on a clean white terry cloth towel on the table next to him. Incredible.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Reading through this thread I got a vivid image in my head of a surgeon standing over the operating table with all of his razors spread out on a clean white terry cloth towel on the table next to him. Incredible.

Scalpel. Forceps. Superspeed. Sponge.

Top Bottom