What's new

Old Spice mug needs a hat!

You would think this would be an easy fix but I can't seem to find anything in my house that would make a good cover for my OS mug! :blush:
I've got a Tabac refill on the way and would like to keep it covered in the mug.

Any ideas? :huh:

Hey.....I know I could just lay something over it to cover it but I'm looking for a tight seal.

Thanks..........Bruno

I just did some searching on that...

The only thing I found was the Tabac lids, shaving them down a hair. Or the white liner from the lid of a Mama Bear's Soap.

I was thinking of finding someone who can turn wood and have them make a custom wooden lid for my mug.

I have found an upside down lid from a peanut butter jar to work quite perfectly (the standard size can). It's not airtight, but will keep dust, and grime off of the soap. :tongue_sm

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If you have a conveinence store close, go there and pick up several sizes of the hard plastic lids that go to their fountain drinks. I have them on my old spice mugs.

I have tried various plastic lids for different sizes of fountain drinks and take-out coffee and I couldn't find one that fit right. Either slightly too big or slightly too small.

Fortunately my mother saves all sort of plastic containers and lids so I went over there and rummaged through her box of lids and found a couple.

One of my Old Spice mugs (mid-70s) has a Duncan Hines cake frosting (red plastic) lid that sits very well. It snaps on and seals pretty well.

On my other Old Spice mug (early 50s) I use a lid made for sealing cans of pet food. It has paw prints molded into the lid. It seals pretty well.

I use the cover that came with the mug....

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Well....I was in Home Depot today and picked up a few of those knock out test caps and I can't believe how well it fits the mug. Almost as if it was made for it. It's actually a friction fit. Costs 30 cents each.

I need to pay a visit to the hardware store now. My Cade is starting to dry up. Not a pretty sight. And it beats paying $28 for the L'Occitane bowl. What a joke!

Well....I was in Home Depot today and picked up a few of those knock out test caps and I can't believe how well it fits the mug. Almost as if it was made for it. It's actually a friction fit. Costs 30 cents each.

Glad I could pass that tip along. Don't suppose they had any other color than yellow did they? That is all I could find around here. I would like to have different colors for the different soaps I keep in all mine.

Top Bottom