What's new

Practice lather/ How's my lather?

Well fellas. I'm determined to get this soap lather thing down. I can lather my creams no sweat. I had good lather with my boar today but I want to get this down with my pure badger.

So, how's my lather look? I was more careful to spend time loading the brush and I have noticed that just building the lather takes considerably longer with soap than it does with cream. Soap lather is also a bit different than cream lather. Is this an accurate observation?

So, how's my lather look? I was more careful to spend time loading the brush and I have noticed that just building the lather takes considerably longer with soap than it does with cream. Soap lather is also a bit different than cream lather. Is this an accurate observation?

Looks fine. :thumbup1: But how did it feel? That's the acid test.

Yes, soap lather takes longer to build than cream - as a general rule. However, some like Mama Bears and Cella are, IMO, easier than most soaps.

Don't know what you mean by different, however.

It felt slick of course, and felt like it would have decent cushion. The real test will be to shave with it. That might be couple days off though, my Musgo is getting jealous about all the time I've spent with the soap the last couple of days.

C&E soaps are easy to lather, I believe. My Sandalwood lathers very easily. It looks like you wound up with plenty of workable lather.

It does shave well. Very slick and good cushion and I haven't even mastered the lather on this yet. You guys are right about the lather in the pic being too dry. After snapping the pics I continued to add water and it really came alive.

Top Bottom