What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
As David may be suspecting, that stone looks like it could be something other than a coti...
I did think there was a possibility that it wasn't a coti, but now that Cambouis got it out of the box we know what it is. It looks like a good stone to me. Give yourself some time to get used to the size. Here's a video honing on a 4x1-1/4 coti that shows a few different strokes that can be used on smaller stones.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCtfSAMvuaY

Thanks very much; it's getting late now; I shall study the video tomorrow.

Meanwhile here's a snap of the dark side (!) I like the dark red streaks. Are they significant?

$Coti reverse side.jpg

C.

$20160926_193353.jpg$20160926_193533.jpg

Just received a brand new coticule from Ardennes. Really happy with it, first honing gave a excellent edge. Just wondering what layer it is so just mailed Ardennes for further info:)

David

Nice coti, congrats!

My guess on vein based on the first pic would be la grise, but you will know soon from Ardennes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coffin-case...woKYP0R5xrlwOnF1ROj9o%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Bought this guy. Can't post any cleaned up pictures, as my phone is in the shop. It's not a coticule, but we can pretend, right? I figure that's what the guys I was bidding against were hoping for.

It's the biggest Pierre Du Sud Ouest I've ever seen at 11.6oz (after a good bit of lapping). The previous biggest was a 10.1oz one that cost me five times as much. This is what they refer to as a "score".

It was sent to me by "The Peacefull Family". I knew it was gonna be good before I even opened the box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coffin-case...woKYP0R5xrlwOnF1ROj9o%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Bought this guy. Can't post any cleaned up pictures, as my phone is in the shop. It's not a coticule, but we can pretend, right? I figure that's what the guys I was bidding against were hoping for.

It's the biggest Pierre Du Sud Ouest I've ever seen at 11.6oz (after a good bit of lapping). The previous biggest was a 10.1oz one that cost me five times as much. This is what they refer to as a "score".

It was sent to me by "The Peacefull Family". I knew it was gonna be good before I even opened the box.

Great find! Score!

Been on uk ebay forever. Fairly firm for a coti. A bit blushing. Top and underside seem rotally different but the bottom is too irregular to waste stone. $20160927_122846.jpg$20160927_122909.jpg$20160927_122920.jpg$20160927_122923.jpg$20160927_122943.jpg

Don't have time for proper testing right now but on slurry it is fast and on water it will blacken. The narrow end seems to have a bit more cut. Heavy feeling of grabby draw on the stone. Some audible feedback.

It was set in that dreaded uk style with the heavy white plaster. It kind of reminds me of this one in feel. The long paddle has similar surface markings albeit quite faded comparatively $20160927_162006.jpg

David

Bottom looks like that hybrid I lapped into a few weeks ago. Sort of mixed BBW and Coticule.
This isn't a hybrid but it shows some spots like that. Not sure if it's bbw or manganese (or both)

Attachments

• $IMG_7549.jpg
    $IMG_7549.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom