What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Thank you Keith.
I took a few close-ups of the surface of some Cotis. I think they look interesting. The first is the vintage glued, the second is a blushing LPB, the third is a Les Petas and the last is a La Grise. All lead to very skin friendly edges.
$OB1.jpg.$OB2.jpg.$OB3.jpg.$OB4.jpg

Last edited:
Slow on water going by the huge number of halfstrokes and no signs of swarf apart from a tiny trace when I wiped the blade. Feels hard and chattery under the blade but doing no harm

This is a pretty stone. Have you tried the bbw side as a finisher?
I got the darker one (8"x2") on an Ebay auction and it was a lucky strike. (It is lapped, but it looks a bit uneven:001_huh:, a nice optical illusion) I am very surprised how fine a bbw can be. The purple stone (LPB backside) sets a good edge back, I think it is a 6k to 7k stone, quite slow with razors and with knifes. But this glittering bbw is super fine, I think over 12k!, I get a HHT5 after 30 to 40 X-stokes on this stone after using the purple bbw. I get a superb shave, the edge is sharper than many edges from other yellow Cotis I have tried. But it is the only bbw I own with this fineness. This stone is really magic.
$BB1.jpg.$BB2.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't honed a blade on it yet. I just got it flat last night. I have been dealing with a bulging disc in my back for 10 days and it has put me in slow motion getting things done. Sort of short bursts of activity.

"I have been dealing with a bulging disc in my back for 10 days and it has put me in slow motion getting things done. Sort of short bursts of activity."

I´m sorry to hear that.

"The hit rate with bbw is not great. The really dark dense type is the best blue stone"
Interesting fact. My bbw is almost black, but when light falls perpendicular to it, it is reflected, then it looks pretty light metallic blue, this is fascinating. It is quite hard, there is no autoslurry with razors. The slurry is dark purple, that is strange because the stone is not purple.
The yellow side looks like coffee and cream or better caramel. This side is very hard, moderate-slow with slurry and slow and glassy with water. Yes it is on the slow side but it removes steal continuously. I like the blue spots in the stone. There are two very small transversely manganese lines, one is visible on the right end on pic 2 the other is left from the center. This stone is superfine, the ultimate razor Coti:thumbup1:. I read the description of a La Dressante au Bleu and it matches quite well, but the pics I saw look a bit different. Does anyone have a suggestion for this one?
$LDB1.jpg.$LDB2.jpg.$LDB3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, the price for this vintage was very good. I think because it looked different on the pictures, it was dirty and the yellow layer looked quite thin. I payed £100 for the stone + shipping from the UK.

Last edited:
Thanks, the price for this vintage was very good. I think because it looked different on the pictures, it was dirty and the yellow layer looked quite thin. I payed £100 for the stone + shipping from the UK.

Was it that UK stone with 11nch and nearly 2kg weight ? Well iam lucky and on the other hand disappointed i didnt bought it...

I was in contact with the seller because i also couldnt evaluate the thickness of the Coti part...so i asked for more details and pics...

Then "someone" hit BIN....

Whatever...looks like a nice piece and i hope you enjoy it and have fun with that huge thing...

Thank you @all!

"Was it that UK stone with 11nch and nearly 2kg weight ?"

Hiha, no it wasn´t. It is the darker one from my last post with the two bbw. The size is mentioned there.

Top Bottom