Coticule love... show off your rock

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I will have a coticule egg. Lol.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 137
That belongs to the guy that has a massive 'egg' collection; they're all made from rare and unusual stones. There's a link in one of the threads here - I think one of the Sebastians posted it.

If there ever was a time I wish I had an egg shaped coticule...Thats pretty funny stuff,I was thinking how unique it would be to have a set of coticule scales made for a razor, but pinning them would be real tricky.
He keeps them in a carton in his fridge.

Honed up a W&B wedge last night and tried her out right off of the stone. Gave a nice shave. I'm impressed. Normally I have to hit some lapping film before shaving. (Due to some crappy synths that are on their way out the door.

Honed up a W&B wedge last night and tried her out right off of the stone. Gave a nice shave. I'm impressed. Normally I have to hit some lapping film before shaving. (Due to some crappy synths that are on their way out the door.

Super glad you liked it. Once you get one it's an addiction you'll have to have another one, then another one lol. I'd say every one that uses coticule's would agree.

Last edited:
$coticule.jpg
Bought this from Gamma a couple of weeks ago and it's my first coticule. Ran my 8/8, off a 12k, over the coti under running water 10-15 times and got a very smooth buttery edge, almost didn't think it was cutting. The best shave I've had. I then tried my luck at the dulicot method, taken about 2 weeks, a lot of metal and patience but I'm getting a HHT-2 on it so far, so I need to work on this more. This is my first natural stone so it has definitely been a journey. I've actually really enjoyed the size very easy to palm hone with this. How does one tell what veins these coti's come from?

That belongs to the guy that has a massive 'egg' collection; they're all made from rare and unusual stones. There's a link in one of the threads here - I think one of the Sebastians posted it.

Posted this some pages back, cant find the link right now...sry....

timwcic

"Look what I found"
My roll continues with this wild find. While looking for new items at the flea market, I was handed this red box. Think the dealer misunderstood what I was looking for, I was going to hand it back but I wanted to be polite so I took a look inside. To my surprise, this stone looked back at me. Keeping on my poker face, ask what he wanted for it and now it now has a new home. I was not expecting this find.

$IMG_0420.jpg

$IMG_0421.jpg

$IMG_0423.jpg

$IMG_0424.jpg

$IMG_0425.jpg

$IMG_1744.jpg

That Deep Rock is a great find,congratulations,you got lucky.I bought these in the wild through the years and paid no more than 10 bucks total,for all of them.A coticule,black Arkansas and the famous Norton hone(which makes too sharp an edge for me).

Top Bottom