What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Great looking stone Tom. I have a La Dressante that has a spot that makes purpleish slurry but it doesn't hurt anything at all. I suspect the spots on your stone are manganese (hope so anyway). Very pretty stone congrats!

La cow layer. First paddle coti. Was sad that the spots I think are actually BBW running up through the top. When lapped slurry was purple. There is some pink in the coti though and it is very hard and fast on water only. Black after just a few laps as seen in pic.

View attachment 711511View attachment 711512View attachment 711513View attachment 711514
I look again I don't think there is any bbw present I think all are manganese deposits. Congrats on a beautiful stone!

Thanks guys. Turns out to be a great finisher. Light pinkish slurry when matched with a LV slurry stone, final finish on water. Very sharp and nice smooth shave. Nice to know they are manganese. That is what I thought till I lapped it and the slurry was purple red. Not sure I can use it in the paddle though. Seems very odd honing in a paddle to me.

View attachment 711671

My pal Scott called this my "big honkin slab"...and a natural combo!I didn't clean it up much to see how the past 100 years of honing affected the surface and the edge it creates. Used today for C.T.Bingham Tally-Ho.Happy holidays fellas!!!

Wowza, this stone is a Megalodon, exactly such stones could cause backaches. You will need a crane to wash that stone in the sink.
For lapping you will need sandpaper sheets size B which can be bought nowhere. Your arms will hurt because of the far too big distance.
I would like to save you from such problems and offer a free storage at my home.

Congrats!!!!! Thanks for sharing this Massive Stone pic with us. I'd have to say it makes my 8X3 look tiny. Again very nice stone! Enjoy it

Top Bottom