What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
That's my favorite size. They work so well for hand honing and just as good on the bench. I'm looking forward to hearing how you get along with it.

Already freshened up one old razor just cause I had to. OK shave, but not there yet at all. I am looking to see where I jump off the synthetics and move to the coti and it's a mystery so far, but fun none the less. Using the supplied slurry stone which I'm assuming is same as the mother stone takes a lot of work to get a slurry. I was surprised by that. My Ozuko Jnat is an L5 and it slurries easier. Go figure.

All these beautiful stones look like they will last for ages.

Somehow I always compromise and get wispy coti like this natural combo:
$DSC00293.jpg$DSC00280.jpg

David

Maybe this will make you feel better Steve. It lasted someone else a lifetime. Lol. Just picked it up at a flea market.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 111
LOL!! Yeah, you have a way of doing that. I have one just like that on a paddle. Now and then I think about cutting it in half so it can be lapped and still have some coti left. On the bright side for that one I posted above, it's pretty hard and I just had a decent shave from it. I doubt I'll wear it out.
Maybe this will make you feel better Steve. It lasted someone else a lifetime. Lol. Just picked it up at a flea market.

David

Just got this one in. It's one of, if not the hardest coticule I've ever owned.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 106
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 108
MAN, that's nice. I have a ways to go with learning how to get the best from these things, but stones like that are pretty inspiring.

Got this Bout Rustique hybrid. Real fast on slurry and what I would call fast on water for a hybrid. I think there is an LL layer under there somewhere, but I don't want to search for it.

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Top Bottom