What's new

Any thoughts on Royal Shave Brush....

I have never seen one of those brushes, but from the specs it looks as if it should be very suitable for a lady's brush. A large knot and a long-ish handle are big pluses.
I'm also interested to hear more about this one.

I know for a fact that I will be unwrapping one of those on Christmas morn. (Ahem, a little elf told me.) I will have a first-impression review by the end of the month. I'll even let the missus use it on her legs to get a lady's opinion.

Can anybody help him sooner? :huh:

Last edited:
I have the brush with the white handle that Royal sells. The manufacturer is a German company Marke Gold Dachs and in the description they say its a Pure Badger although it feels like best. It's an excellent brush but the handle is a very cheap plastic and could have been better. Using soap or cream it produces an excellent lather and you will not be disappointed in its lathering ability but the handle is another issue. I use it in my rotation.

Last edited:
Opinions on this brush please. I'm thinking of getting it for my wife for her first brush.

Any info, such as manufacturer, backbone, etc please.

View attachment 135394

http://www.royalshave.com/p/411-072/rs_PB2_brush.html

I have one of these that I got as my first brush. It is made by Gold-Dachs in Germany and is listed as best badger. It is a pretty nice brush for the price. It is very soft but not floppy. It works well for me with creams and soft soaps but I prefer a boar for hard soaps. The handle is very light and that's the one thing I don't like about this brush, it is comfortable in the hand though. I am not a badger brush expert, my only other badger is a tweezerman, but this brush blows the tweezerman away.

this was also my first brush. I used it for almost a full year. Now my bro uses it. Its very good for the money.

Well, just pulled the trigger on this as a gift for SWMBO. It will be her first brush to see if she really likes using one. The only brushes I have are some vintage old spice brushes and an EJ BB in medium. I think she'll like the large size of this brush and the softness. Hopefully it will make great brush for her.

Top Bottom