What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Dunhill Dark Flake. Smooth and rich in this Savinelli. $IMG_1799.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Smoking some Vincent Manil Le Petit Robin in my Pohlmann pencil shanked poker.

proxy.php

Carter Hall in a cheap little Willard that belonged to my grandfather who passed away when I was 10. My mom is almost certain that she was with him at the PX in Ft Jackson SC when he purchased this particular pipe in the early '70's. A nice, quick trip down memory lane.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
A last second blending Va/Bur mixture in a Savinelli Marte Rusticated 311KS.

Carter Hall in a cheap little Willard that belonged to my grandfather who passed away when I was 10. My mom is almost certain that she was with him at the PX in Ft Jackson SC when he purchased this particular pipe in the early '70's. A nice, quick trip down memory lane.

Nice! :thumbup1: How'd the pipe smoke?

A last second blending Va/Bur mixture in a Savinelli Marte Rusticated 311KS.

Nice! :thumbup1: How'd the pipe smoke?

It's not the best so I don't often grab it. I've had it two years now and have probably only put 6 bowls through it.

When the urge to go purely nostalgic hits, it is the pipe I reach for. Strictly with the CH as that was Pop's preferred tobacco.

I broke my POTD, or re-broke it rather. Epoxy just won't keep a busted shank on the bowl for more than a few weeks of regular use.

I broke my POTD, or re-broke it rather. Epoxy just won't keep a busted shank on the bowl for more than a few weeks of regular use.

Might depend on where the break is, or maybe the brand of epoxy ? I have had good luck with Loctite Professional High Strength Epoxy. Used it after rolling over this James Upshall with my computer chair. Busted the shank all to hell. Been glued for years and still holding well. I had to redrill the glue out of the draught hole after it cured. The Ashton Poker next to it had a piece of the shank break off, and it is also holding well for a few years of use. I'm not usually that rough on my wood, but stuff happens. :001_rolle

$LoctiteEpoxy.jpg$Repair1.jpg

Top Bottom