What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

This afternoon it is G.L. Pease's Westminster in a Von Erk ball. The pipe is a bit of an enigma, I bought it off of Lee personally. He made 8 of them and sold 6 in Japan. They were regionally NOS Kaywoodie briar from the 50s and he bought the briar at the Chicago pipe show. He then oil cured and shaped the pipes into balls and drilled the draft hole and made stems for them. It is probably the coolest-smoking pipe I own. I am guessing you want pictures...

Three Oaks Syrian in an Ashton Oldchurch full bent billiard. I'm starting to see why folks love this stuff.. I think this might be the right pipe for this tobacco.

McClelland's Royal Cajun Ebony in a Nording African meerschaum...
$P1080291.jpg

How much do you like that 5100?

If you can store it for a while, a year plus 5100 is excellent. It has a nice sugar content (naturally) and really starts to bloom after a year of aging or so. Really good earthy VA tones too. I'd type more but I am already getting to the point where typing is tough Happy New Year.

Some Molto Dolce, after steak and lobster on the grill! First time, it's like a smokey cake! Great dessert.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 73
Making the first bowl of the new year count:

Penzance in my Ryan Quagliata briar calabash, accompanied by a bit of holiday cheer...

$DSCF1740.jpg

My New Year's Haiku:

"Penzance"

Crumble cake fills bowl
Match-crack! hiss sulfur bright char
Study tamp enjoy...
$b5_penzance_zps934e687e.jpg

Top Bottom