What's new

Queen Charlotte Shave cream

Gents, I rarely try new shave creams/soaps. My days of trying everything died 4 years ago. I mainly stay with products that work for me. I am no longer looking for the best product available. One thing I have learned is that the majority of products available are either great, works well or stinks. Their are several variables for these ratings.

I admit that I was curious about Matt's shave creams. I have watched Matt develop from a raucous young man to a gentleman. I am delighted how Matt has matured on our site. I am also impressed that he has become a young entrepreneur. It's not easy for a young person to become one unless you find a niche.

I bought a tub of Sandalwood shave cream and a bar of Sandalwood bath soap. I promptly received my order. I opened the tub and was impressed with the scent. Very close to true sandalwood. Woodsy. The consistency of the cream is like Santa Maria Novella. It's a soap like cream. I tried it this morning and noticed it needed a little water to get a good lather. When I applied it to my person it had a good consistency. I got a good shave with no nicks. Kudos Matt!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Andrew. Matt's products have gotten a lot of praise here recently. It's good to hear from someone who is past SCAD and yet still able to appreciate the quality of a new product. It's nice to know the story behind the product, too. I'm curious now about the unscented version, which not only doesn't contain a scent, but doesn't contain tallow.

Andrew, thank you for the nice review. Randy, the unscented lathers just as well as the one with tallow. Tallow smells, meaning it could not be included in any unscented product.

Oooo I love the QCS soaps!
Seriously I have to resist the urge to reach for it as my soap choice each week.
I have tons of soaps and creams and the more I use other products the more this one stays at, or near, the top of my "fav"s list.

I received my order from Matt a couple of weeks ago... I joined the Vets day sale. Have not had a chance to use them... but the Rose is up for tomorrow...

To bump Gent's Best or SCS out tomorrow is a big step

I got a sample of the Cedarwood-Lemongrass from a PIF Matt did on SRP.

I used a half an almond sized dollop to face lather. This was enough for 2 passes. Lather built up quickly and had a nice consistency.

Shave quality was excellent, on par with some of the best (closest) shaving creams and soaps I have tried.
Skin felt good afterwards, no tightness, drying, or raw feeling.

Scent is more like Castle Forbes cedar/sandalwood than Charles Tyrwhitt lemon and cedar.

Great product, Definitely one of the best Artisan shave products I have tried.

I love the sample pack I got from matt. Got Celestail woods, vostok and lavender. scents are fantastic, creates some crazy good thick and slick lather, and great cutsomer service. From the time I placed my order they showed up at my house 2 days later. Last night I used some williams, wanted to give it a try, and I didnt care for it so i ended up mixing some Gordej delux into it, and because that still wasnt enough for my last pass I ended up using the celestial woods which just made my shave so much better.

Last night I used some williams, wanted to give it a try, and I didnt care for it so i ended up mixing some Gordej delux into it, and because that still wasnt enough for my last pass I ended up using the celestial woods which just made my shave so much better.

That is quite a combo there. Citronella, menthol, pine, cedarwood, and sandalwood :lol:

Tried Rose very very early this morning, and the lather built well and was very slick.....

Have to leave the house tomorrow before even the birds are up...so I got in a quick shave tonight with vostok.... Holy Cow, my face felt like being ....wet, stick my head out the window at 55 MPH, in International Falls in January......Wow what a freeze.

This puppy gets put away till July...with this and Gent's Best Chilled AS it will be Christmas in July !!!!!

I ordered samples of briar, lavender, and sandalwood. All really good performers and amazing scents. Briar has an awesome cherry pipe tobacco scent, really good stuff. IMHO, performace wise, they are on par with tabac and mwf.

I actually ordered the sample pack during the Veteran's sale, get 5 then add 2 free. I have not tried all of them but each has performed extremely well and has me leaning towards soaps as opposed to creams now, they are that good. I second the comments about Vostok, it is unbelievable cold; it makes my Bigelow seem pedestrian in its menthol claims. Since the OP mentioned his Sandalwood experience, I have to second that it has a very nice, not overpowering sandalwood scent and is now my favorite of the few I have tried.

For those on the fence about picking up samples, you get a lot in each sample, and I hardly have made a dent in any of mine. More than likely I will have these for quite a long time so it is truly a bargain.

The scent and performance of QCS Key Lime in my opinion was just as great and enjoyable as Castle Forbes Lime.

Key Lime will always have a permanent place in my rotation!

Top Bottom