What's new

menthol shampoo?

This spring I came across an unopened travel kit at a garage sale for just a few bucks. I decided I'd try it...

American Crew brand.

I've been meaning to type up a review of my experience, and now seems like a good time since the shampoo in the kit contains menthol.

Kit contains - Shampoo, conditioner, styling gel (125ml ea), shower soap (bar), herbal shave cream, and shave moisturizer (50ml ea).

I'll start by saying the shampoo and conditioner are my favorite products in the kit. The shampoo is tingly, and I enjoy the scent. Seems to clean very well, and since I was using the travel kit during a one week stint of volunteer work as a short order cook, I know my hair was probably filthy and greasy at the end of each day. The conditioner is nice too, I like how it leaves my hair.

I also used the shave cream with my travel tech for the week of volunteer work. It's a non lathering cream, and I find that I got a reasonable shave from it, but was not altogether satisfied with the feel and protection. The scent is very mild. Does not smell strongly.

The bar soap is pleasant.

The moisturizer I like as much or nearly as much as the shampoo. After shaving it leaves my skin very soft and feeling great. It's also very mild in scent.

The bag looks like a mini golf bag. (cute) Only issue I have with the bag is that while it comes with a shoulder strap for carrying to the shower etc., there seems to be only one location to clip the strap onto. I ended up snapping the second end to a zipper pull which works, but I feel is not ideal.

Anyway, the OP may want to check out some American Crew shampoo.

Top Bottom