What's new

Antique store find

Went to the usual shop today. Looking though some stuff I saw this razor sitting there. When I asked about it he had told me that the blade was damaged and had a big chip in the front of the blade.

So I asked to take a look at it to see how bad the damage was.

Here it is; what ya think. A Morley and Sons Clover Leaf in 11/16

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I didn't have the heart to tell him he was wrong :blushing: It was marked $16 so I made him an offer for this damaged razor of $10 and he accepted it. I didn't do a lot of cleaning, just a bit of polishing.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You know there are Antique shop owners tossing blades in the trash because
1. They have "ugly" old horn scales
2. They have that same "nasty" chip out of the blade.

Nice save! Congrats

Nice save! Congrats

In Australia, apparently all old razors that get donated to Op Shops (I think they're called Thrift Shops in the US) get thrown out as it's a Health and Safety issue for the staff, handling used razors.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

In Australia, apparently all old razors that get donated to Op Shops (I think they're called Thrift Shops in the US) get thrown out as it's a Health and Safety issue for the staff, handling used razors.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I've never seen or heard of a Straight razor in a US Thrift store (Goodwill/Salvation Army). But I did buy a pair of straights off Goodwill's online auction site awhile back.

That is a very nasty chip indeed, if you should have second thoughts send it to me and I will dispose of it in an appropriate manner. :thumbup:

What a fantastic score!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member

Nice save! Congrats

Gimme all your ugly horn scales... I love horn... All my straight would have horn if I can find it... Horn, horn, horn.... I had a set of horn scales that was "ugly". A tiny bit of wheel and they are very smooth, honey coloured, look new... I got another one that will have the same fate soon...

+1 good save! :thumbup1:

:blink: I don't see it where is the chip?

If you are seriously asking, it is the barbers notch. Apparently the store owner didn't realize that such "chips" are done on purpose... :lol:

Excellent find/deal though! :laugh:

Yup, the barber notch seems to be the "mistake"... Good think he didn't have a Spanish point! :laugh:

:lol: WOW! That was what i was wondering, i saw the notch and was wondering where all you guys saw the chip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom