What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

Honestly I just ask Lee for either 2-band or 3-band and let him decide what he's gonna put in the brush.

Only time I have really specified was when I asked him for Finest.

I try not to get caught up in all of the grading hype but here is my take on it.

To me Blonde Badger has a little bit more backbone/scrub than Heritage.

Heritage feels a little softer to me.

But a lot of it depends on knot density and loft height.

There's a big chance the handle will be labeled "Blonde Badger," regardless of whether you order Blonde or Heritage.

If you let us know which brush you are looking for in particular we can give you a better answer though.

Good advice and I dis the same thing. Lee knows what is best in his current supply on hand and exactly how it performs

Now, I just have to remain patient for Lee to respond. Any tips on sending an email to him? Catchy subject line or something?

Just go with the flow. I've not had much luck lately. Getting M&F withdrawal symptoms and buying other shaving crap I don't need to try and fill the void!

I was happy to hear from Lee last month and my request for a bulb knot (as opposed to my previous fan 2XL) was answered.

I've been using this stunning brush for about 2 weeks, the hair is fantastically soft at the tips and is exactly the brush I wanted compared to the previous fan brush.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the winner of Sue Moore auction for the M&F and brush. The brush arrived yesterday and it is a work of art. The handle looks great and is very ergonomic. This is my first M&F brush and I am very impressed with it. There is a ton of backbone but it is soft with a little scritch/scrub. My current brushes include Thater 2 and 3 band, Shavemac D01 3 band and the new 2 band silvertip, and a 3 band Rooney. It felt similar to the D01 3 Band but with more backbone but I need to use it more to make a fair comparison. I would like to thank the member who donated this brush for the auction.

View attachment 511643View attachment 511644

I was the winner of Sue Moore auction for the M&F and brush. The brush arrived yesterday and it is a work of art. The handle looks great and is very ergonomic. This is my first M&F brush and I am very impressed with it. There is a ton of backbone but it is soft with a little scritch/scrub. My current brushes include Thater 2 and 3 band, Shavemac D01 3 band and the new 2 band silvertip, and a 3 band Rooney. It felt similar to the D01 3 Band but with more backbone but I need to use it more to make a fair comparison. I would like to thank the member who donated this brush for the auction.

View attachment 511643View attachment 511644
I put in a few bids on that one...congrats on winning this beauty. Looks even better in your pictures. Still have never tried an M&F and have not gotten through to Lee yet. But finally have a few coming by way of the BST. I'll post pics if I see they have not appeared here before..

Savile Row and M&F have been the best that I've come across.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414372709959.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414372709959.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 162
I've owned 6 or 7 of Lee's brushes. I think he may be producing his best brushes since running out of rooney finest hair. My 3XL is absolutely stunning. Received it today!

I just ordered a 1/2 with finest hair in a fan or hybrid shape (he told me to send him money and I'm in the blackout period). Being my first M&F if I don't find it dense enough would I get an XL series if I wanted a denser knot or can I just ask for one? Is heritage hair softer or more likely to be gel like?

Most of Lee's brushes these days can be classified as moderately dense. Either way it's probably going to be a great performing brush.

Top Bottom