What's new

Post Your Pics: William Greaves Razors

Of the various ways in which the English have moved civilization forward, wet shaving is one area in which they particularly excel(ed). From Penhaligon's, Geo F Trumper and various London barbers to the cutlers of Sheffield, England offers(ed) a plethora of wet shaving riches. Among those riches are Sheffield straight razors.

For this installation of straight razor eye candy, I thought we'd highlight one of the many Sheffield manufactures, W. Greaves & Sons. The business may have changed names over the years but as long as your razor says Greaves, we want to see a picture.

Last edited:
WM Greaves & Sons 6/8 Wedge

proxy.php

Last edited:
Greaves 9/8 Wedge

proxy.php

This brute is one of my larger razors and the heaviest by a large margin. Merits a little restoration work before it goes into the rotation.

Is the blood line that part of the edge that's sharpened? I'm assuming this because the edges of the...wedges (I'm a poet and I didn't know it) are so easy to see.

Is the blood line that part of the edge that's sharpened? I'm assuming this because the edges of the...wedges (I'm a poet and I didn't know it) are so easy to see.
Nah, I was just joking around.

There is a brighter part on the blade, resembling the blood line on a fighting knife.

Thesee marks usually comes from hundreds of years sitting in the scales.
But the light really showed it like a blood line :lol:

proxy.php

I originally had this in a different set of scales. The blade set a little deeper then I comfortable with. The scales got passed down to a Hess and made a new set for the Greaves, I think it turned out well

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I originally had this in a different set of scales. The blade set a little deeper then I comfortable with. The scales got passed down to a Hess and made a new set for the Greaves, I think it turned out well

Welcome to B&B!

I think you got the only straight that isn't a wedge so far!

Nice scales by the way. I love horn!

Top Bottom