What's new

Is this AS or use as one?

Folks,

As I was at the departmental store today I came across a bottle of pale blue liquid with the word Astringent printed on it.

It is called Marbert -Astringent lotion with bisabolol (13.5 FL OZ) and the liquid looks paler than Floid blue. It comes in a normal plastic bottle.

So I bought it because it was at a discount and I noticed one of the ingredients being Witch Hazel. Thinking it would not go badly wrong if I were to use it as aftershave.

What do you think? Similar to this bottle (can't find it anyway and not my ebay by the way)

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Marbert-Astringent-lotion-400ml-Neu-OVP-/380248526093

This is the description on the bottle.

MARBERT
ASTRINGENT LOTION
With Bisabolol
(400 ml - 13.5 FL.OZ)

Active ingredients: Bisabolol, Panthenol

This astringent lotion is specially suitable for normal and combination skin. With its 6% alcohol content it is refreshing and astringent. Bisabolol and panthenol have a moisturising action and soothe irritation.

INGREDIENTS:
AQUA.
ALCOHOL DENAT.
PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL.
GLYCERIN.
PEG-8.
PANTHENOL.
FARNESOL.
IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA.
HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA.
PARFUM.
MENTHYL LACTATE.
DISODIUM PHOSPHATE.
BISABOLOL.
ALCOHOL.
TETRASODIUM EDTA.
BENZYL SALICYLATE.
BENZOPHENONE-4.
BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL.
LINALOOL.
IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE. <- some may not like this ingredient.
LIMONENE.
CITRONELLOL.
HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE. <- some may not like this ingredient too.
EUGENOL.
COUMARIN.
HEXYL CINNAMAL.
BENZYL BENZOATE.
CI 42090

I tried some and it has some kind of shampoo scent to it but generally it's ok as the scent did not last long. The scent lasted as long as my Floid blue aftershave.

As I use plain Witch Hazel (with menthol crystal in it) everyday I am thinking of using this instead for a while.

What do you think?

Anyone use this?

:001_smile

Last edited:
Since nobody seems to use this product I will try to give a quick update on my experience after my second use. Yes, early days but I will update accordingly.

Set up:

1) Warm towel on face.
2) Lather up.
3) Shave - WTG, XTG and ATG.
4) Luke warm water to wash / finish.
5) Apply Witch Hazel (leave it for 1 or 2 mins while cleaning shave brush).
6) Wash with cold water.
7) Dry face with towel.
8) Apply Marbert sparingly ...

Summary:

Good
1) It does not irritate my skin after applying it as aftershave.
2) Apply sparingly by pouring on palm then apply to face.
3) I could feel face "tightening" which is fine as it's astringent.
4) Face becomes very smooth immediately. :thumbup1:
5) Scent last for less than 30 mins.

Bad
1) If apply too much face becomes sticky. Very sticky.
2) Scent does not smell that good - a bit like weak shampoo.
3) Over application means it does not dry off quickly or easily and face become very sticky but once dry off face is smooth.
4) Two ingredients in red above might not be welcome by some but after searching the net there is no easy conclusion to that so you need to make up your mind. So far I am fine.

I bought it for 1/3 of the original price so I guess I will give it a go to see how it performs since the ingredients are more or less the same as aftershave.

Any comments? :001_huh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom