What's new

Anyone using Puig Lavender as an aftershave?

Does anyone use Puig as an aftershave?

Would the Puig splash (in the huge 25 oz plastic bottle) be a better aftershave than the Puig cologne (in either the 100 ml or 200 ml green glass bottle)? I like subtlety in my aftershaves, and I am always concerned that if I use cologne as an aftershave, I will inevitably put on too much. I consider an aftershaves too strong if someone standing three feet from me can smell it an hour after I splash it on. Aftershaves are for me, not everyone on the train. That is why I love Speick, DR Harris, and Prorasso aftershaves -- I can splash on a palm full, but still be left with a very subtle scent.

versus

because I've never tried Puig, I can speak with the conviction and certainty of the truly ignorant: the cologne will have a higher percentage of smellies than the splash; in other words, the splash will have far more of the other stuff - alcohol, witch hazel, monosodium glutimate, high fructose corn syrup, various binders and such - I apologize for using all these technical terms... are you following?

Anyway -splash on the splash, but don't use the cologne as AS.

I admire - and applaud - the acquisition of truly large bottles... of anything! Go for it.

because I've never tried Puig, I can speak with the conviction and certainty of the truly ignorant: the cologne will have a higher percentage of smellies than the splash; in other words, the splash will have far more of the other stuff - alcohol, witch hazel, monosodium glutimate, high fructose corn syrup, various binders and such - I apologize for using all these technical terms... are you following?

Anyway -splash on the splash, but don't use the cologne as AS.

I admire - and applaud - the acquisition of truly large bottles... of anything! Go for it.

Jon, are you using your Mrs. Butterworths syrup as an aftershave again? Mmmmmmmmm, binders. :lol:

or cut the cologne with generic witch hazel to your preferred strength.

How about the ultimate compromise -- I could buy both and mix them together. :thumbup: Uh, maybe I should make sure I like the scent first, though.

I don't use Agua Lavanda as an aftershave for one simple reason. I'm too cheap! I bought the 6 ounce bottle in Spain two years ago and use it as the EDC that it is. I would totally buy the splash and use it as an aftershave though. In fact, thanks for the suggestion! Maybe I should do the same with Heno de Pravia? I think I will!

Top Bottom