What's new

What is Thayers Witch Hazel ?

Hello
What is Thayers Witch Hazel? and is it good for your skin as an after shave?

I hear many people here using it, so please tell me about it:)

M

modern man

It is more of an Astringent then an aftershave.

It is very good stuff but you will need an AS or ASB to back it up.

Oh I see
Well tank you
I have order the sample pack they have, seem a nice price, and worth giving it a try :biggrin:

Hello
What is Thayers Witch Hazel? and is it good for your skin as an after shave?

I hear many people here using it, so please tell me about it:)

It is available in many Health/Vitamin stores. I particularily like the Lavender scent.

M

modern man

They do have an aftershave. 20% alcohol, witch hazel and aloe. I use it frequently.

I just use the old fashion version. :001_smile

The aftershave is a bit srong and pricey in my book for only 4 oz..............STILL GOOD THOUGH!:biggrin:

I use the alcohol free with Aloe and Lavender after my cold water rinse.

It's wonderful! It closes the pores and feels great on my face. I usually follow it up with some AS balm about 5 minutes later. I have, on occasion, forgotten the AS balm and my face felt fine all day. :c16:

I got my bottle for about $8.00 at a GNC Vitamin store. I put a bit into a small spray bottle and it will probably last me a few years. :thumbsup:

Silly question, but does anyone know it the bottles are sealed with foil? I ask because I'd like to smell the lavender vs. aloe before I buy to make sure I don't drop $8 on a scent that I don't like.

no, they are not sealed with foil, but they are sealed. They have the plastic around the cap like pill bottles have.

Just bought some at the local Whole foods market yesterday- they had testers of most things out- Lavender smells pretty good, but I had to go with the Aloe one.
Bought some Herban Cowboy Dusk scented soap too...

Thanks for the tip! I guess I'll be flying blind.

The basic Thayer's WH with alcohol does not really smell like anything to me. The burn is not all that bad to be honest.

I also have the rose scent which is kind of strong, almost grandmotherly but the smell fades very quickly. The lavender on the other hand is very mellow, soothing but kind of reminds me vaguely of the smell from a grape ice pop. Lavender is my scent of choice out of the three but all of them work great!

I just use the old fashion version. :001_smile

The aftershave is a bit srong and pricey in my book for only 4 oz..............STILL GOOD THOUGH!:biggrin:

Yah, it is unfortunately. I wonder if I just put together some of my own if it would be the same. 20% SD Alcohol, Double Distilled Witch Hazel and some 99.9% cold pressed Aloe. Either that or just juice up the original WH & Aloe with more alcohol.

uh, correction. After opening my new bottle this morning and squeezing with no result :blink: I resisted the urge to look into the bottle as I squeezed and just removed the cap to find yes, it does have a foil seel Also.

Top Bottom