What's new

What do you collect?

Obviously shave stuff, but what else does everyone collect? The reason I ask is because I have the itch to start collecting things again and razors just isn't peaking my interest that much. I bought a few and I'm good where I am with that, same with brushes. I used to collect sports cards but sold them all and don't really watch sports anymore. Used to collect tropical fish but had to sell them due to lack of space at current home.

So, I'm kinda fishing for ideas with this thread.

Switchblades
Old Cameras
Military sidearms
Old Colman stoves
Razors
Shaving Brushes
Only got 3 motorcycles sense I sold the Buell so that's not collecting.

Shave gear is my only active collection right now, but back in the day ...

Pens
Flashlights
Soviet military memorabilia, pins, badges, medals, etc.
Catalogs (made obsolete by the InterWebs)

When I was 10 or so, I sent away to an ad in the back of a comic book for a list of "1001 things you can get for free." I had a lot of fun with that one, and mailed off to several hundred companies, government agencies, charities, colleges, travel agents, etc, and got all sorts of cool stuff just for the price of a postage stamp (about a nickel back then.)

When I was into Shortwave Listening as a hobby, I collected QSL cards ... got a lot of neat stuff from all over the world.

Pocket watches, movies, knives, used to collect comic books and sports cards. My wife has a small collection of Russian porcelain. People collect all kinds of stuff. What are you interested in or what do you want to learn about? Do a little research and start small. The hunting is the largest part of the fun. Of course, you already know that since you hang out around here!:001_smile

Tiki mugs, fountain pens, pocket knives, vintage cocktail recipes, unusual cocktail components (liqueurs, syrups, bitters, types of rum, etc), vintage robots and Japanese monsters. Also I seem to be collecting all of my previous semesters' school papers in a huge stack in my study...

I did get into collecting limited edition vinyl toys for a while but lost interest after I kept getting doubles (there called blind boxes and you never know what your going to get) and had no one to trade with. Plus their expensive! I collect watches as well but that's one of those things you just don't buy all the time.

military firearms

a few favorites from the collection
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Your avtar and screen name crack me up. They remind of a news story I saw where some amish teenager got drunk and led the police on a chase and crashed his buggy.

So after doing a little digging around I've come to the conclusion that I want to collect something that I can use. Toys are out of the question I looked at new stuff (futurama toys) and their too expensive to do nothing, and old stuff (transformers and star wars) and their too expensive too! :sad:

I'd love to collect guns but unfortunately with my job I can't do that, I don't want to turn into the crazy cat/dog guy either :tongue_sm Maybe I'll just go to an antique shop or flea market and find something that strikes my interest!

P.S cool guns AmishFury!

According to SWMBO I collect all kinds of crap!

But really I just collect, in addition to shaving related stuff, is movies, music (CD's an Vinyl LP's), old cerosene stoves, Jack Daniel's (Whiskey and merchandise) and I got six guitars, but I wouldn't call that to collect.

Top Bottom