What's new

Old Spice Shaving Soap: How is it?

How does the original Old Spice shaving soap compare to our favorites around here like Tabac, T&H LSS, etc? I see NOS rounds of it on eBay from time to time.

Great traditional fragrance with OS. but now it feels like bar soap on my face. Been using it for years, but finally giving up. Too many better options.

Well, here's another situation where YMMV. I use Old Spice soap every Sunday. Each time I use it I am amazed at the quality of the lather and the resulting shave. Top notch. IMO !

Bumping this old thread to see anyone has any updates on Old Spice soap. I recently picked up a NOS Old Spice mug/soap combo off ebay. I am debating whether or not to use the soap. Any comments from those who have tried it would be appreciated.

With all due respect to Depilator, and his post "feels like bar soap.." The description is a bit vague to me..Does that mean dehydrating and dry or does it mean lack of lubricity and slickness, or does it mean fails to produce suitable and usable lather?? The reason for asking is to try to determine if adding a small amount of glycerin would improve the soap's shortcomings?? I grew up in the OS heyday..If there's a way to enjoy this 20th century product in the 21 century I'm interested..

Best regards to all posters in this thread....

About a year ago I found a NOS Old Spice mug still sealed with soap inside at an antique shop for $3. There is no scent left but the performance of the soap is top notch. I think it compares favorably with the very old Yardley shaving soap from the 1950s which I also have and use regularly. Great stuff.

Thanks Straight Arrow..I tried this soap in the early 80's..Had the mug for several years..Never used all the soap..Very, very light beard then..If I find some I'll try it again..

I got a puck from a member here, and I only used it once. It worked very well, and I bet when it was new it was even better. Not bad at all. I wish they still made it, as non of the glycerin versions really match up, both in terms of prformance and scent.

I used this soap 25 years ago. It is a good soap
about a 8/10.Not a lot of scent,but a lite classic
scent.Good lather,clean soap.For a few bucks
pick it up for you collection. You will not be let
down.Cheers ROCKET

Top Bottom