What's new

Pasted strop

On quick glance, I am unsure whether it is a honing block, or some other form of chromium oxide and aluminum oxide. But, at 0.5 micron particle size, it is appropriate.

The ad says...

The average size of scratch pattern it leaves behind is 0.5 microns or .00002 inches.

And, this is the biggest area of question for me. If you have some much bigger particles, and much smaller particles and the average is 0.5 microns, that is not good. If all particle sizes clump around 0.5 microns, you are OK.

With Lee Valley, I would suspect it is a quality product.

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your reply, I think its a paste that you can apply to different surfaces rather than a block per say.

Thanks so much for your input. BTW the Keen Kutter you sent me a few months back still has a wicked edge and keeps on mowing whiskers down like the day it arrived.

Sincerely

Great! Glad the razor is still kicking, full of vim and vigor.

By the way, I use 0.3 micron chromium oxide powder from Kremer pigments. If you want enough powder to (mix with oil and) apply to balsa or some surface, resend me your name and mailing address and I will put some in a 44 cent envelope and mail. I think I can handle the expense!

My email is [email protected] if you don't remember, or just PM me here.

Awesome, glad I asked around. Just found out this stuff isn't so great.

Thanks to another member for sending me that link via PM.

I might take you up on your offer Larry, your generosity to the straight community is amazing!

Top Bottom