What's new

First DE Shave Impressions

I finally used my SS last night with a Red Personna blade and shave cream from The Real Shaving Co. It was my first ever DE shave, and what a difference it made. Quite simply put, it was the best shave I have ever had.

I have to admit I was a little nervous at first, but once I got going I was able to relax and enjoy the sound and feel of the shave. I didn't cut myself at all. I even shaved ATG and tried some blade buffing and J hooking.

I can't believe I was using multi blade razors for so long. Glad I switched. No going back now.:thumbup:

Welcome to B&B and congrats on a 1st time great shave. Your choice of razor and blade were perfect. It's pretty hard to go wrong with that combo.

Len

Congrats on the first DE shave we were all sheep buying the cartridge razors believing in the commercials that we grew up with only remembering of our fathers and grandfathers using something that was no longer sold because of something better, NOT.

For the last week I used Boar brushes, soap AOS and what was left in my cartridge razors. Today, my good supplies finally arrived. Other than the **** look packaging, because the task was to verify the order, everything looked good. I uploaded a knife and tried the Kent / soap MWF New Brush Silvertip Badger. I was warned to expect difficulties access to the foam, but it seemed easy to do. I think I lucked out. odor was not as strong as the AOS sandalwood, but yet very comfortable 3-pass shave.

Top Bottom