What's new

Spanish Floid Vigoroso...some thoughts.

First of all, I need to say that I am 29 years old and I have always been afraid of smelling like my father. I always had this line in my head that I would never cross, which is, never being anything my father thought smelled good. Short sighted? Maybe, but very generation y of me. Also, I stayed clear for a long time of alcohol based and menthol based aftershave because they are not whats best for your skin.

In the past few weeks I decided to expend my aftershaves horizon. I went and got pretty much all the soaps I wanted, and decided it would be time to get some nice aftershave to go with them. An obvious starting point was the SOTD threat and see what everyone was using. That way I picked up Alt Innsbruck which I loved. Next on the list was Floid.

Thanks to Superlather I was able to pick up a decant so I would not throw money in the fire if I hated the scent. Now some thoughts:

1) The smell right out of the bottle is extremely bold. I did not think I was made for this. I'm sure that's what Lieutenant Colonel Bill Killgore wore as he made his way on the Vietnam beach.

2) The alcohol sting is something else. I applied the aftershave after using my alum bloc and biotherm moisturizer, and it still kicked me right in the face. Surprising, but the menthol made up for it. On a side note, I do not get those saying menthol freezes their face. The sensation I had was like being caught between something hot and cold. A very strange but pleasant feeling.

3) The smell. Well, I was not pleased at first. All my life I tried to escape smelling like my father and instead I went to smell like my grand-father. Very grand of me.

4) As the day went on...I couldn't stop smelling my hands, which still retained the smell of the aftershave. It was...intoxicating. After a few minutes/hours the old world aroma really developed and swallowed me whole. Its how Vito Corleone must have smelled on the day his daughter got married. I felt on top of the world.

5) All I can think about is to shave again so I can apply some more Floid to my face.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I only wish the Italian and Spanish Floid scents were also colognes. They are very refreshing indeed.

Last edited:
That stuff is the bomb.
It worked for a hundred years & still kicks!
+1 on the wish for cologne

I really like it I'm 38 It works well to the Italian I think smells the same only lighter.:thumbup:

+1 to that :lol:

If I use it, I don't even bother with a cologne... I can smell Floid (wisps of it at least) for many hours. Wonderful stuff.

Nothing wrong with using what your granddad used. Your granddad also used a car and wore clothes :thumbup1:

Top Bottom