What's new

Atomizer for Aftershave

After wasting the good part of my 4oz Thayer's Aftershave in the sink, on my hands, and down my arms:mad3: I decided to pick up a glass 2oz atomizer from whole foods. Looks the same as the atomizers at bullgoose.

Anyways it seems to work better than I had originally imagined. I just close my eyes and pull in my lips (like a sour face:001_huh:), then spray maybe 5-6 times around the face. I seem to get pretty good coverage and I've been wasting a lot less.

Also picked up a "deoderant crystal" from whole foods to use as alum.

Just thought I'd pass this along if it hasn't been discussed earlier.

I never enjoyed atomizers, but I do tend to waste a lot of product by splashing it around. Maybe I'll have to give them another shot.

BTW, there are a couple of different types of alum, and the deodorant ones aren't exactly same as the ones many use for AS care. I'm not sure of the differences in performance though. If you want to find uber cheap alum next time, as I find Whole Foods to be a bit pricey a lot of times, my local Chinese supemarket had huge chunks available for less than $1, and I believe it is the same variety as the deodorant crystals.

Oh, and while you are shopping at Whole Foods, check out the Thayer's Medicated Superhazel next time. I like it better than their other products by far.

The atomizers I have mostly recycled from deo-sprays:

Nivea deo spray from smallflower.com $10.95 (glass)

Bod (various sizes) Plastic $1.40-6.00

Walmart (empty 2oz plastic atomizer) $1 (up from 50 cents)

I generally use up the product then rinse out.

Hmm the deoderant crystal says "potassium alum" so I thought it was the same. What is the AS alum called?

The atomizer bottle was only 2$ and the quality is pretty good.

I personally can't stand atomizers.

I like the splash on my hands, then my face and whatever AS I have left goes on my neck, underarm, etc.

I like the splash on my hands, then my face and whatever AS I have left goes on my neck, underarm, etc.

I threw in one of the atomizers in a recent order from Bullgoose on a whim to use it for my witch hazel too. I have a bottle of generic witch hazel and it's difficult to splash it on without wasting some of it. I hate that my travel sized bottle of ToBS aftershave is not necked down either. I cannot get the aftershave out without losing a lot of it. Annoying because it's a bit expensive for me.

I know this is an old thread, but ... :001_smile
After wasting the good part of my 4oz Thayer's Aftershave in the sink, on my hands, and down my arms:mad3: I decided to pick up a glass 2oz atomizer from whole foods. Looks the same as the atomizers at bullgoose.
I use the same Thayer's Witch Hazel AS, too, and that's the first thing I noticed: no orifice reducer! :scared: Yeah, I had a tendency to spill & waste a lot. Very frustrating.
Atomizers are great for colognes/EdTs, but IMO I agree with Hex: they're not so great for AS. I got a bottle from sunburstbottle.com; they sell all sorts of bottles, like the one beachape got. But, I got the 4 oz. size (so the entire bottle of Thayer's can be transferred to it), and I got a "disc cap." This is the type of cap where, when you press on one side, that side goes down while the other sides pops up, revealing a small orifice to decant the stuff. Works great! :thumbup1:

For their bottles, they also offer flip-top caps, simple screw caps, atomizers, treatment pumps, lotions pumps, etc. And, for some of their bottles, they do offer orifice reducers! :thumbup:

I remember the old version of Carven Vetiver's aftershave came in a atomizer. It was the only AS with an atomizer I've tried, it worked with no issues. If I had a choice I'd take without.

Top Bottom