Thread: Zorrik Blades

Default Zorrik Blades

Has anyone here tried Zorrik blades yet? If so, what do you think of them?

Images

Reviews over here, if that helps.
    -- Richard, Czar of Cheddar

They sell on the 'bay @ 99 cents per hundred, and that's about 98 cents too high.
    A gent here at B&B gave me one to try, and after 2 strokes on my face I threw it away.

Really not that bad. I received a 5-pack as part of a sampler, and I had some trepidation about trying it based on the pricing - 7 rupees per pack as compared to 10 rupees for the Wilkinson (marked down from 11). They were actually better than the Wilkinson for me, and quite acceptable, although certainly not at the top of my list. I will have no problem using them up.

Based on this experience, I would really like to try the higher-end Vidyuts, such as Sunrise or Tiger. If they're much better than the Zorriks, they might be very good indeed, but so far I haven't seen where to get single packs.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RSC View Post
    Really not that bad. I received a 5-pack as part of a sampler, and I had some trepidation about trying it based on the pricing - 7 rupees per pack as compared to 10 rupees for the Wilkinson (marked down from 11). They were actually better than the Wilkinson for me, and quite acceptable, although certainly not at the top of my list. I will have no problem using them up.

Based on this experience, I would really like to try the higher-end Vidyuts, such as Sunrise or Tiger. If they're much better than the Zorriks, they might be very good indeed, but so far I haven't seen where to get single packs.
    +1

I tried the Zorrik's as part of my sampling of blades. They may not be the sharpest of blades, or the smoothest of blades ,but they are certainly usable; about the same level as a Wal-Mart Personna. They are certainly not awful unusable blades.
    ~~JOHN~~*Founding member of ALPHA Team*

These are (i do not exaggerate) the worst blades I've ever used. I would rather shave with a Mach 3.
    Richard
    [URL="http://www.whiskeyapostle.com"]Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?[/URL]
    My [URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=109486&highlight=BigRich"]HOF[/URL] & [URL="http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/User:BigRich"]Wiki[/URL] entries

2nd in uselessness only behind Treet blue specials.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately - Benjamin Franklin

Zorriks did not work for me. Tossed then out after the first shave. Lots of pulling, irritation and redness. YMMV

If your looking for new cheap blade, try the IP. Your face will love you for it.
    Last edited by k200817; 08-02-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark - TOFLAC-U - B&B Old Fogies Club

9. Default

Tried them a few times and the conclusion is that they are dragging so the shaving experience is not good : they are dull compared to Derby's and feathers.
    I am just trying not to buy more stuff, but it's hard.

Another cheap suggestion would be the Super-Max super stainless same cost (or less) and much sharper and nicer blade at least for me.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Scott0079 View Post
    Another cheap suggestion would be the Super-Max super stainless same cost (or less) and much sharper and nicer blade at least for me.
    A surprisingly good blade for the money. They can be had very cheaply when purchased in bulk.
    "I wonder what it's like to shave with Occam's razor."

What a range of responses!

Many guys seem to think these blades are extremely bad, while others think they're fine for the price. No one seems to think they're great, but there are those who think they're quite usable.

I'm wondering if it's a question of quality control at the factory, some folks get lucky and get well finished products while others don't.

I'm also wondering if these blades wouldn't benefit from corking - when I use a Derby I find if I don't cork it, I get cut up.

I got one somewhere, and tried it. I remember it was a pretty good shave. I'd maybe give it an "8". I could definitely use these blades.
    But I LIKE to wipe my blades!