What's new

L'Occitane

Search for Cade soap. Many people here dig it, and there was a great scare when there were rumours going around that the soap would be phased out. I guess that speaks volumes on its own.

I wasn't sure if it was being being phased out since it was out of stock everywhere. I managed to find a place online and bought their last 8 pucks

Its a good soap, part of my regular rotation. Its not being phased out at all. If it was, which it isn't, i'd have to buy about 10 pucks to see me through.

My #2 soap behind MWF.
eric.
I'm primarily a cream user, but when I'm in the mood to soap it up, Cade is the first one I go with.

When I want to SuperLather, Cade and KMF Lavender/Shea make a good combo. I haven't tried it yet, but I think Cade and Musgo Real would mix together really well, too.

BTW. everything I've read says the cream is the worlds worst cream ever!!! Just thought the new guys should know that we're all talking about the soap, not the cream.

BTW. everything I've read says the cream is the worlds worst cream ever!!! Just thought the new guys should know that we're all talking about the soap, not the cream.

Yeah, the cream alone is awful. It just makes a Cade smelling bubble mess. Funnily enough if you mix it with Cade soap it creates a beautiful super lather. Smells stronger and it creates a thicker lather.

Cade does make a nice lather and has a wonderful scent. However, it doesn't offer as much protection (glide) as my AOS sandalwood.

Yes, Cade SC alone is nothing to write home about. Needs something to protect, as even with some Proraso added in, I got cut pretty badly. I haven't tried the puck, but I'd like to, as I enjoy the scent. Restrained.

Legion

Staff member
It's my #1 fave go-to hard soap. Love it.

For me it lathers and lubricates better than all the tallow soaps. It's not cheap, especially with the ridiculously over priced bowl, but, when the rumor went around that they were stopping production of this soap, I was first in line stockpiling for shaveageddon.

I enjoy the Cade soap, especially liked the scent. However, after storing it in an open bowl, the scent is gone. This took several months, but now nothing. As far as the cream goes, I got on a binge when I ordered the soap, and got the cream without reading the reviews here. (learned my lesson) Now, I can still do a super lather. The cream brings in the aroma of the cade, and does seem to make the soap more slippery. Soap functions great without adding a dollop of the cream, but if I hadn't bought both together, I would have an unscented soap now.

I've been using Cade soap exclusively for the last several weeks, and it is excellent. There's another thread here about its latherability - in short, it requires very less water ratio.

Top Bottom