What's new

Gave It Another Try

I tried to have a shave yesterday but this time instead of using the 1904 straight bar i used my merkur progress instead just to be on the safe side.

I used cream instead of soap, just to be on the safe side again.

And the shave was quite good. I only had little nick when i went across the grain and no burn.

Skin doesnt look that great - abit red and a little bit of ingrown hairs on the lower throat area.

I suppose it will get better over time?

Just thought id keep you guys posted and say thanks for the help.

Last edited:
It will get better , remember , no pressure , let the weight of the razor do the work.
Welcome to the group !!

Glad you decided to stick it out a little longer.:thumbup1: I would agree that it will get better over time. I know it has for me.

Why do you go ATG if you know you get ingrowns or burn? Personally I only do ATG on special occasions and only if it's worth putting up with burn and ingrowns for the next few days. Just do 2 XTG passes instead.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Sounds like it's getting a bit better. As advised up here, let the razor and blade do the work.

It may be best to stick with the same set up for two or three weeks, or longer. Find a setting on the Progress that you feel the most comfortable with and leave it there. Also keep using your favorite cream or soap for those few weeks. I know it can become boring using the same products but it removes variables and it can help you find what the issue is with the bad shaves you were having. Good luck and keep us posted.

When I first started wet shaving my face didn't like it too much. I only did WTG passes for a good two or three weeks. By then my face had adjusted and I was able to add XTG, and eventually ATG, passes without any problems.

Top Bottom