What's new

Shogun black vs. Feather blades

I just had a shave today with the Shogun black blade in an All-Stainless Feather razor. I was impressed, it felt like a Feather blade. These may actually be Feather blades under a different label or Feather seconds. I know the Shogun blades get very poor reviews, but I think it's the red ones that are bad. The packaging between the black Shogun and black Feather blades is very similar, and so are the blades with the marker lines on the short edges (rather than number we see on some other blades). Either they are trying to be Feather clones or they are indeed made by the same company. Whatever the case, I can't argue with the end result. I wouldn't mind buying a bunch of these on the cheap, but I can't find them anywhere in the black package.

Take a look at the photos below.

Just to make it clear, I am not talking about the red Shogun blades as seen below.

Good catch on the packaging being totally different between the blacks, and the reds.

The blacks are certainly very Feather like, right down the to the type face for the words "hi stainless".

Is there really that much money to be made in cloning Feather blades? We have heard of Lord clones, but they were also being sold with the Lord name.

Why go through the trouble of copying Feather's packaging, only to sell it under a different name?

My vote would go to these being feather seconds, but that would be nothing more than a guess.

I just had a shave today with the Shogun black blade in an All-Stainless Feather razor. I was impressed, it felt like a Feather blade. These may actually be Feather blades under a different label or Feather seconds. I know the Shogun blades get very poor reviews, but I think it's the red ones that are bad.

Take a look at the photos below.

Just to make it clear, I am not talking about the red Shogun blades as seen below.

Hello Tim,

Have you tried the red ones too?

Have you tried the red ones too?

A while back I tried a Shogun blade with terrible results. Unfortunately I have no idea what I tried, it may have been a red one, it was definitely not from the same pack I sent you or the one I tried today. Others complain in the reviews that these are very poor blades and they rust after 1 shave - could be the red ones.

Top Bottom