What's new

Gillette Super Adjustable repair?

I have a P1 Super Adjustable that has a broken spring on the adjuster knob. Does anybody repair these? It is a shame because other than this it is in great condition. I hate to throw it away, perhaps someone can use it for parts?Any advice or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Some of this faced similar issues a couple months ago. Unless someone since then has had a "Eureka!" moment, the consensus pretty much was the SA was not designed to come apart again without utterly destroying it.

Anyone? Any luck with such project?

Note: I've found all the instructions for fat boys and basic adjustables, but not for this one.

Hi,
its not that different to a slim other than taking the silver little end cap from the TTO knob. I did one by putting a thick-ish knfe (like a pen-knife rather than a razor) in between the black and silver parts tapping gently to let the taper of the knife grind pop off the cap.

However in saying that there really is no reason to do it if you just want to use it. The adjustment should work just the same, it only provides the click and stop you turning too far. It should be clear by eye if the settings are a turn out. If the TTO locks properly then it shouldn't move when shaving.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/320693-Slim-adjustable-internals-and-disassembly
$IMG_0527.jpg

Perfect!

Thanks a lot, Steve.

I had a hard time believing, that this would be "impossible".

Edit: The reason for asking: One of the guards/edges bent in the post and it's quite hard to get it _just right_ without disassembling.

Last edited:
Ha!

Literally took me couple of minutes to do it. Opened the thing from the second silver band, not the one in the endcap. Pocket knife there, little hammering and then just pulled the black end cap off. After that, pliers with a wire cutter hole - put the crimp end to that while razor all the way closed - two small hits with a hammer to the pliers and we're there.

Wouldn't have known how to do it without the picture, though :)

Top Bottom