What's new

L'Occitane Cade soap being discontinued?

I hope not and I don't want to start any unfounded rumors. But it doesn't look good. Out of stock online, out of stock at 2 local stores. Someone else reported they were out of stock at his stores. I was planning on stocking up during the 25% off sale this weekend. The girl at the local store told me the shaving soap is not very popular, it's not selling well. Then how come it's out of stock? I say conspiracy! They don't want to sell them at 25% off this weekend so they just stashed them in the back.

Or is the Cade SS going the way of the Cade splash?

Of the three stores in the local area here, only one had any pucks last month.

A wonderful soap and one I would not want to be without.

It must be making way for the Verdon shaving foam/gel, which as we all know is better than "old=fashioned" soap! :001_rolle

Last edited:
There were no pucks at my local store last Friday. I bought 3 on Monday. Today there were none and they do not know when more will be coming in.

I hope not and I don't want to start any unfounded rumors. But it doesn't look good. Out of stock online, out of stock at 2 local stores. Someone else reported they were out of stock at his stores. I was planning on stocking up during the 25% off sale this weekend. The girl at the local store told me the shaving soap is not very popular, it's not selling well. Then how come it's out of stock? I say conspiracy! They don't want to sell them at 25% off this weekend so they just stashed them in the back.

Or is the Cade SS going the way of the Cade splash?

$7.50 for a top shelf soap like Cade? I'm gonna stock up too.

If I had a nickle for every rumor started here....I'd have about 3 nickles:tongue_sm Now you got me worried. Time to email corporate...

I certainly hope not. Cade is one of my favorite soaps. I've got two full pucks left and will have to go in tomorrow to hoard any that they have left.

Last time I stocked up here about a month ago they were out. Even if it turns out to be a rumor I better stock up on a couple of pucks, as I do enjoy this soap very much and would be disappointed if they were to discontinue it.
Thanks for the warning.

I'm a bit worried by this rumor.

Last time, when the Cade splash was discontinued, the rumor came from US members if I remember well, and I had not believed because it was still available on the French site. But yet, it turned out to be true.

This time, it is the exact same situation, a discontinuation rumor comes from the US even if the soap is still available on the French site.

So ???

A few shortages and 1 shop assistant who doesn't seen it sell very well at their store is hardly the basis for a rumour.

Additionally, given they are a store that predominantly sells fragrances and female skin-care, it's no surprise they don't get people beating down the door to buy shave soap.

In fact the shortages point to a healthy situation; they can't shift it quickly enough...

Last edited:
I'm a bit worried by this rumor.

Last time, when the Cade splash was discontinued, the rumor came from US members if I remember well, and I had not believed because it was still available on the French site. But yet, it turned out to be true.

This time, it is the exact same situation, a discontinuation rumor comes from the US even if the soap is still available on the French site.

So ???

It is still listed on the US site, it's just listed as out of stock.

On the web site the the soap holder bowl is still listed as well and in stock. So if they planned on discontinuing the soap, still selling the holder would be real shady.

Another note certain L'Occitane stores seem to just not carry much stock of certain things and when it's out at these stores, it's usually not online.

okay gents...just got a reply from l'occitane...and we're not going to like it:

Thank you for contacting L’Occitane.

We do apologize but that item has been phased out.

You may want to contact our outlets for product availability.

Woodbury Commons New York
845-928-8010

Las Vegas Nevada
702-784-3842

Desert Hill California
951-849-3740

Williamsburg Virginia
757-565-5621

San Marcos Texas
512-392-5861

Seattle Washington
360-542-6849