What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

For the English Leather in the plastic bottle, I had one of those and it went off on me and I think it was due to the plastic. I say that because I have vintage EL in glass that seems fine after many years.

I agree that plastic could be to blame for some of the vintage AS smelling off. Most Avon came in glass bottles. But a few of their bottles were plastic. I have a couple in plastic and they smell different from the same scent that was stored in glass for the same # of years. It doesn't smell foul or spoiled, it just doesn't smell like it is supposed to. Plastic is not a good container for long term storage, It leaches chemicals into the AS over time. That's why most all of my AS has been transferred to glass bottles.

proxy.php

I agree that plastic could be to blame for some of the vintage AS smelling off. Most Avon came in glass bottles. But a few of their bottles were plastic. I have a couple in plastic and they smell different from the same scent that was stored in glass for the same # of years. It doesn't smell foul or spoiled, it just doesn't smell like it is supposed to. Plastic is not a good container for long term storage, It leaches chemicals into the AS over time. That's why most all of my AS has been transferred to glass bottles.

I need to do that eventually but at present, all the ones I have housed in plastic are the newer versions, like the Pinauds and Mennen Skin Bracer as examples.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
attachment.php
For my Den, I'm waiting on a;

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Vintage 12[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]½oz Bottle (unopened & plastic...will decant to vintage Pinaud glass upon arrival for Seller),
Pinuad Naturelle Sec Eau de Cologne (maybe our Order Historian, member / Knight, 'ClubmanRob' (a.k.a., Rob), can

'school' us [FONT=&amp]
proxy.php
[/FONT]
on the history, basenotes and other interesting notes / 'tid-bits' about this no longer produced scent)! [FONT=&amp]:thumbsup:

attachment.php
attachment.php

proxy.php
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Good things come to those who wait”. Popular Proverb[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

$uploadfromtaptalk1447012348419.jpg 5$ at local antique store. No cell service inside but vaguely remember the made in Bermuda stuff being the good stuff. Anyone know?

Congrats. I've seen time and time again that the juice made in Bermuda is much better than what we commonly find new now. I have the Made in the USA and I still like it.

Scored an Old Spice ship's telegraph at my MIL's today, at least half full.

$image.jpeg

I may be more excited about the contents (vintage OS is part of my rotation) than the bottle. P

Last edited:
I asked that before and several people told me to use milk. I tried it on one label and it worked. I tried it on another and it didn't. I'm going to use glue to hold the other one down.

Top Bottom