What's new

Amazon has 24 packs of Skin Bracer Cooling Blue

Can anybody comment on what it smells like? I mean, is it like anything else some of us might know, say like Aqua Velva, or something?

Can anybody comment on what it smells like? I mean, is it like anything else some of us might know, say like Aqua Velva, or something?

It does not smell like Aqua Velva. I have not come across a scent that I can compare it to directly, though indirectly it's somehow similar (to my nose) to C&E's Sienna scent.

It almost smells like some cologne I might have sampled as a kid in the 70's at the local Mom & Pop drugstore... yes, I used to do that... it would be interesting to go back in time to see what shaving stuff they carried, but well, obviously I wasn't too interested in that stuff back when my main mode of transport was my bike! Ha ha.

Obviously there is still tons of "NOS" Skin Bracer Cooling Blue out there. When I found it @ a store called Dollar Tree, they had a whole shelf full, I'm not kidding there must have been over 50 bottles @ $1.99 a pop.

I passed over a bottle of SB "Cool Spice" a few years back because it was just too similar to Old Spice and my wife would have most certainly vetoed it, but I still wish I would have grabbed it, if for nothing else than the rarity factor..

Last edited:
I actually like Sienna. Man, now I'm tempted. Especially considering 24 bottles of the Skin Bracer cost less than one bottle of Santa Maria Novella. And this stuff comes in those glass bottles. How cool is that?

Let me know when they come out with the 100 Pc. palette of the stuff

:tongue_sm:lol:

What exactly would one do with so many bottles? I have heard of hoarding but yikes!

I picked up a few bottles at my local discount store for $1.99/bottle, too. I like the smell of it, but, like MasonJarJar, I can't figure out why it smacks me with nostalgia. It's not a Barbershop scent at all, it's definitely more of a cologne smell, and I definitely have smelled something similar somewhere when I was a middle schooler or in early H.S. Perhaps my dad wore something similar, he was always wearing high-end scents back then, but I can't for the life of me nail down why it rings a bell.

The bottles I got are plastic, unfortunately.

Any excuse to post my favorite Vargas -

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Did absolutely no one notice the $20 shipping fee!!?? That makes $70 for 24 = $2.92 per.... My local dollar store sells blue and green Tracer for a buck. And the fredmeyer around the corner sells blue for $2. Imo amazon hasn't offered good deals in years.

Last edited:
Did absolutely no one notice the $20 shipping fee!!?? That makes $70 for 24 = $2.92 per.... My local dollar store sells blue and green Tracer for a buck. And the fredmeyer around the corner sells blue for $2. Imo amazon hasn't offered good deals in years.

Where are you located that you have a Fred Meyer near you?

Top Bottom