What's new

Ikea - "Shaving" mugs and "Godis" whiskey glasses.

Hi,

So after years of avoiding it I finally made the pilgrimage with my small and growing family across town to visit the Mecca of all scandahoovianism, Ikea.

While wandering the kitchen goods I noticed they had some really well sized stoneware latte/coffee mugs with a glazed finish that had enough texture to made me think "perfect lathering mug." I saw at least 4-5 examples around the $4 mark as an alternative to the popular "budget-re-purposed" shaving mugs from Target, etc..

They also sell a 6-pack of 7oz "Godis" heavy bottom clear glasses for $6 a set that have a striking resemblance to the "whiskey glasses" I'd eyed up at $8 each ($48 for a set) at Crate and Barrel.

Sipping some Williams 6 year rye out of one of the whiskey glasses right now to recover my sanity from the retail madness...

Perhaps worth a look next time your wife drags you to Ikea to look at shoe organizers or curtains. :)

Cheers gents,

J

I will never go in that store again. I took me forever to find my way out after nearly having a panic attack from the million families that crammed the store

Yep, a quick browse on the website and I found a couple of the mugs I looked at included the Sorla and Trivsam. There were a few others but I can't match them up on the website, assuming if you find the styles above in the store you'd fine the other varieties of mugs/bowls as well.

Itai,

Just wanted to let you know that I have been using that exact bowl for my lather building for a couple of weeks now. :thumbup: I don't have much to compare it against but it's working great for me.

I like the food (cafe and grocery store) and the "little stuff," but their cheap furniture is pretty sketchy.

Top Bottom