What's new

PK Grill

I recently made the plunge and bought myself a new charcoal grill (used to religiously cook on one up until about 5 years ago, but between then and now have been living in apartments :thumbdown. Recent house purchase enabled me to get back in the game! :thumbup:).

I settled on the PK Grill after much research. So far, I'm a huge fan :thumbup1:. Anyone else here own one? If so, I'd love to hear your opinions and success stories.

I'm kind of a grilling fanatic, but I'd never heard of those. I checked out their website and it looks pretty cool.

You'll have to let us know how it performs and post some pictures.

Funny you should mention the obscurity of the grill. I had never heard of it either.

I spent a few good years with my 22 1/2 inch Weber Kettle (The Simpsons 10 year anniversary edition). It rusted through in my parent's barn and I couldn't find the same edition of the grill when I got back in the market. A few months ago I was browsing a site called Americans Working (or something of the like). They had categories that would bring you to a listing of vendors offering product under the selected category. Under Grills made in America, the only listing was for the PK Grill. That's how I found the webpage. It got rave reviews from the website's that carry it.

Pictures of the grill and the meaty treats will definitely be coming soon!

Cool. I have a Weber 22.5 inch with the rotisserie attachment. And a Big Green Egg, and a Traeger and a Horizon. And a couple hibachis. :blushing:

I guess the AD's aren't just about shaving gear. :blush:

I had a grill that was a twin to that, about 35 years ago and it worked great. I have no idea about the brand, but it worked very well.

I am now into ceramic grills (Big Green Egg and Primo).

I came very close to buying that girl at one time. I am big into mid-century modern and thought it would be a nice compliment to one of those houses. Only problem now is that I found the joys of ceramic cooking.... Might still get one if I ever buy the mid-century home I have been eyeing.

Michael

Now that my Weber gas has bit the dust, I want to get back to charcoal (lump charcoal, that is). I've always used a Webber kettle in the past, but maybe I'll try a PK. My B-I-L has a Big Green Egg and loves it. A bit to pricey for me though.

Now that my Weber gas has bit the dust, I want to get back to charcoal (lump charcoal, that is). I've always used a Webber kettle in the past, but maybe I'll try a PK. My B-I-L has a Big Green Egg and loves it. A bit to pricey for me though.

Snappy, you might consider a bubba keg also. (not to derail the pk grill, I am now 100% sure my grandmother had one for 30+ years) http://www.bubbakeg.com/

For those of you who may have been looking for some personal feedback on this grill, here it is.

I've used it almost every day since I bought it two weeks ago, and so far, I'm thrilled. Mind you, I've only my former 22 1/2 Weber kettle as a comparison, but this one beats the kettle in quality and performance. The cast aluminum is solid and retains heat well, and the four damper air flow control is fantastic, and gives me a lot of control over the smoke and heat (this unit smokes and direct heat sears really well). Not a large unit by any stretch of the imagination (but it's bigger than I initially gave it credit for once I started throwing food on it). Maybe I'm nuts, but if I wanted/needed more surface, I'd probably just buy a second one.

I got mine for $250 (free shipping), and judging by other reviewers' comments about how long the original model's been in their families, it'll probably outlive me. I'm happy with it.

And yes, I'll definitely take pictures next time I load it up. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom