What's new

Trumpers Coconut Oil shave cream/soap

Hey all I have a question that may seem silly or stupid but I've noticed talk about this particular soap as the "new or tallow version" can someone explain to me what that means or what the difference? :blushing:

There's no such thing as a silly or stupid question around here. Especially not in the Shave Clinic forum. If you're unsure about anything it's better to ask away :thumbup1:

As for your question, it's basically about the old vs new formulation of shaving soaps. A lot of companies have decided to ditch tallow in favor of vegetable based alternatives when making their soaps. Now tallow is very highly regarded as a shaving soap ingredient around here and many believe, including myself, that the exclusion of tallow has resulted in an inferior product (although not necessarily a bad one). Hope that answers your question :001_cool:

There's no such thing as a silly or stupid question around here. Especially not in the Shave Clinic forum. If you're unsure about anything it's better to ask away :thumbup1:

As for your question, it's basically about the old vs new formulation of shaving soaps. A lot of companies have decided to ditch tallow in favor of vegetable based alternatives when making their soaps. Now tallow is very highly regarded as a shaving soap ingredient around here and many believe, including myself, that the exclusion of tallow has resulted in an inferior product (although not necessarily a bad one). Hope that answers your question :001_cool:

Gotcha, thank you! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom