What's new

A small Victory

So I've been using a shavette for a few months and started using a real one last week (the difference in smoothness is great), It has been quite a battle forcing myself to use my offhand it took at least a month before i felt semi confident with a few places were it was difficult.

So this morning I go about it in a usual fashion and well, when you get to your chin/mouth there's always the bit in the middle and just to the sides which is "Acceptable to use the dominant hand with"... well today was different for some reason I did the whole of my chin area thats the center and sides with my offhand, I did it and didn't realise i had done it until I went to wipe the cream off and couldn't work out how the razor got into my offhand.

It may be a small thing but it feels like a real victory to be so comfortable using my offhand I can do it without a lot of conscious effort.

All I can say is winning the war with one small victory after another

Nice going! That's when you know you've made progress, when you do something like that, and don't realize until later that you've done it.

For me, that sense of accomplishment has been one of the greatest things about straight shaving.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Congrats! It's nice when it all starts coming together.

True. When it all comes together you are gaining ground rapidly toward your goal of a comfortable total straight shave. There is really no way to describe it other than your brain and hand movements are recognizing your intentions of a great shave regardless of switching hands.

Thanks guys, it was a rather victorious feeling after i understood what I had done, perseverance pay's off.

Top Bottom