What's new

Newbie introducing myself from Salt Lake City, Utah.

Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself. 38 year old male from Salt Lake City, Utah. (Originally from India).

Always been a wet shaver, but have been using the Gillette twin blade system (Using the Sensor Excel now). I also shave my head (Have been doing that for the last 5 years). I use the shaving brush and soap that you get at Walmart. Not the greatest.

My beard is fairly thick and a few months ago, I started obsessing with getting that baby-butt smooth shaves for my face. The only way to do that is to do multiple pass shaving. So I started doing that going in the direction of the hair on the first pass and then against the direction on the second pass. Some days, it works great and other days, the burn I get is just too bad.

I want to make the leap to the DE shaving system as from all what I have read, that's the way to go. Obviously, I am going to go through a big learning curve to Unlearn all the bad habits shaving with a twin blade system for the past 20 years.

Found this forum this morning and was really impressed with the amount of information available over here. In-fact it is information overload and I am struggling on what to buy. I want to do a complete fresh start and buy a decent quality brush, razor, soap etc.

Any advise from the veteran folks over here will be appreciated.

Regards,
Sunny Khatkhate

Welcome to B&B!

I started my DE experience with a vintage Gillette Super Speed, TOBS Avocado, and a blade sampler pack from west coast shaving.

Thanks for all the support. I am aware that this is going to be a very frustrating experience in the beginning. But I have decided to do whatever it takes to make this work. I am just sick and tired of the current shaving system I use.

Here are the products I bought today from http://www.leesrazors.com/. Slightly less than $200.00. Let's see how it goes. Will keep you guys posted.

* 1 x Merkur Heavy Duty Safety Razor with Bar
* 1 x Feather Razor Blades
* 1 x Vulfix No. 2234S Super Badger Shaving Brush
(Color: Ivory)
* 1 x D.R. Harris Almond Shaving Bowl
* 1 x D.R. Harris Almond Shaving Cream Tube
* 1 x D.R. Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk
(Size: 100ml)

Welcome!

My first "Good" Razor was a EJ89L. $35 bestgroomingtools.com
Have my first good brush on the way. EJ Best Badger $35 englishshavingcompany.com
Tons of good soaps and creams, look at website, choose your budget and scent prefernece and check it out on the review threads.

On teh razor... I will say that the EJ89L is mild, which is great for learning but if you have a thicker beard, you may want the Merker 38C which I believe is a little more aggressive and my second choice for razor.

Don't know much about the Gillettes but they good some good praise as well. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom