What's new

New - need help selecting a SE

N

nemo728

Hi everyone. Frustrated with the ridiculous cost of Gillette blade replacements, razor burn on my neck (thick Italian hair), and the environmental waste of the aforementioned razor blades, I have decided to switch to shaving with a straight razor. I'm quite determined to try it and stick with it, but I don't necessarily feel like paying a ridiculous amount right away for a blade. I read the newb area and FAQ's here but didn't find any good info about how to select a good straight razor so I'm hoping you guys can help.

I looked at the razors on ebay but don't have the razor knowledge to figure out which razors are good and which are overpriced or damaged. Preferably, I would like to pick up something somewhat older with a non-plastic handle, $100 or less. Any help you guys could provide to steer me in the right direction would be great. What should I be looking for? What length? etc...

Thanks!

Check B/S/T here on B&B, You can get a whole lot of razor for $100, in fact, you can get your whole kit for less than that. Be sure to read the stickys, watch the videos, and ask questions. Lot's of friendly and knowledgeble people here.

there is one guy on here, don't remember his name, that consistently sells starter straight razors, shave ready for $33, consistently. then you can get a strop and a brush and soaps and everything else for under 100. good luck, i still haven't gotten around to getting my razor honed, nor do I have money for a strop. (college)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

Can't help with a SE razor, I never used one. I know I should, I went from M3 to DE to Straight...

Top Bottom