What's new

Where In the World Am I?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
You know I'm a sucker for a Lighthouse piccy.

That would be Whitefish Point Light. :thumbup1: Did you know Michigan has 128 Lighthouses.

"The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
Superior, they say, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early."

That's it of course. Amongst the 29 was a kid I'd grown up with ... you're up sir!

That's sad. I have more than one aquantance who have been lost. At least they will never forget the Edmund Fitzgerald:sad:

How about this pair.....

garyg

Here is not a lighthouse, there are two churches pictured, name both or the city that they look out over ..

garyg

:thumbup: That must have been too easy .. twin churches following twin lighthouses .. you are up again

If that star lights up, does it qualify as a Lighthouse:w00t:

:lol:There are lightbulbs around the star, but I never saw the star illuminated personally. Anyhoo, I've been thinking this one may be a bit tough. I selected it because I have lived briefly in the place in question. So a few clues I would like to offer are; it is in Russia, and, it is a Soviet war memorial not a lighthouse:tongue_sm.

Leningrad ? Whoops, I mean St. Petersberg ?

No sorry. More clues are that it is not located very near to either what is now Saint Petersburg or Moscow. I can tell you that it is near a city, but one of Russia's lesser known ones. I can also tell you that it is located in the European part of Russia. It commemorates a significant, but lesser known offensive battle, undertaken by the Soviet Army.

Last edited:
Top Bottom