What's new

UK / Germany Best shops & Sites

Hi guys,

I originally posted a very similar question in a different forum on the site, but being a newbie only just realised that this is probably a better forum for it.

Essentially I'm from the UK but will be living in Germany for the next year or so and would like to know where most people this side of the water get their bits from, for the best price. Is this online (if so where?) or a particular shop / chain of shops?

I am only just getting into "proper" ws and am still awaiting delivery of an EJ Chatsworth DE, but have been using brush and soap for a year or so with my Fusion - and i am looking forward to moving onto the proper way lol.

So...any advice / tips greatly appreciated. Please feel free to PM me with shops / sites if they are not allowed to be posted in the open forum - again i'm blaming this ignorance on me being a new member! Would hate to annoy the mods.

Many thanks,
Tony.

So far I have bought from these places in the UK with no Issues

.................com "good source of DE blades, and well priced"
gentlemans-shop.com
trumpers.com
nkdman.co.uk
manufactum.co.uk "Some rarities on here"

I also know of but have never purchased from
executive-shaving.co.uk

humm is there some sort of blacklist website here, because I can't post a certain website, if there is can someone lead me to said blacklist page.

Last edited:
Avoid executive shaving like the plague.

I placed an order online with them in early December, they took payment and I received an email stating that the order had been processed.
Two days later I received a further email saying that 1 item was out of stock and could they make a sustitution ? I replied in the negative and instructed them to cancel the order. Two days later ( on the 14th December ) they sent me an email stating that the order had been despatched !

It still had not arrived by 14th January so I contacted them further and they replied ' I waited a month to let them know ?, and the order was definateely despatched on the 14th December ' !!!! After threatening legal action they sent an email saying that the order was picked up by the Royal Mail on the 14th January at 3.30pm - the email was timed at 3.11pm !

The goods finally arrived on 16th January, without so much as an apology. As you can tell I was not impressed by this bunch of cowboys and would be extremely dissapointed to see any advert for them on this site.:cursing:

I would heartily reccommend both The Gentlemans Shop and Shave Shack, who have always given excellent service.:biggrin1:

Last edited:
Deffo can recommend Gentlemans Shop & Timothy Edwards, both online. Also had positive reports on ......... Shaving, but i have not used them - but it's still early days yet!

While it's easy enough to get around the word/url filter, it's obviously in place for a reason and I wouldn't want to circumvent the admin's decisions to not allow mention of That Place.

I'd be interested to hear why they're banned though - I've shopped there a number of times and they've been nothing but excellent. Friends of mine have also had good experiences there too.

I've only had good experiences with The Irish Barber and NKD Man, through Amazon, so I highly recommend those.

It's a pity that 'the best site' for getting stuff - as some here say - is banned in these boards; for some of us who do not live in the UK it is essential to have a good and reliable supplier.

Before I PM anyone, is this 'banned supplier' a stockist of Penhaligons? Y/N? (I'm between two, and only one of them stocks this brand, this is why I am asking...)

Give one of the Penhaligon's Outlet stores a ring (Bicester or York) for VERY good deals on Penhaligon's stuff - less than 30% of the retail cost.

Seriously.

While it's easy enough to get around the word/url filter, it's obviously in place for a reason and I wouldn't want to circumvent the admin's decisions to not allow mention of That Place.

I'd be interested to hear why they're banned though -

"That place" is no longer a member of B&B. Specific details are a private and confidential matter between the former member and the moderators and administrators of this board, but please do know that we do not take actions such as revocation of membership lightly. Such a consequence only occurs after egregious violations of site policy and/or multiple unheeded warnings regarding conduct seen as unbefitting this gentlemanly site. Since "that place" is no longer here to answer posts regarding the situation, out of respect for privacy, we consider the matter closed.

I know the full story of the banning, however I think it is a little ungentlemanly that UK shavers are not able to tell each other of possibly the very best on-line store.

Strange for a site which prides itself on being helpful to all shavers.

I live in Denmark which means I’m prone to use an online vendor for my shaving supply need; offline sellers don’t carry the good stuff and national online sellers charge exorbitant prices and excessive p&p compared to especially UK-based sellers.

When I shop I look for four things: 1) Unit price, 2) VAT, 3) p&p and 4) currency. Where I live the VAT rate is flat at 25%, so I’m guaranteed a lower price if I shop at a site which only charges it’s local VAT. Sites with a flat rate p&p are recommended if you’re on a spending spree. Likewise some sites let you choose which currency you want to buy in, letting you harness the power of the FOREX :glare:

In my book the following sites are highly recommended:
  • Shaving.ie: Good prices, fair p&p and fast delivery
  • Mankind.co.uk: Good prices, a voucher system giving you free p&p on your next order; okay delivery but a fairly limited range of really great shaving products.
  • Badgerandhone.com: Really good prices, good p&p; okay delivery
  • The site that mustn’t be named: Good prices, good p&p; fast delivery.

And then there is this one called pomade-shop.de, which has an English language shop. I haven’t tried it yet but they have Williams, Lucky Tiger, Barasol, Pinaud, Aqua Velva. Free delivery for above €50 orders. Shipping within Germany is €4.95 and a €9 for the rest of the EU.

Anyway, good luck!

If you travel to Germany, you need to have a look at Rossmann. They are drug stores and usually sell a lot of shaving gear. Douglas is also worth taking a look at. Any mall will have one. It is a perfume store. They have sections for men, which are usually best found by a giant badger brush they have on display.

Badger & Hone is a very nice site. Prices are pretty fair, specially for TOBS cream, and the shipping charge for international customers is 5 pounds, no matter what one buys, no matter where one lives.

Top Bottom