What's new

My Guess... 3017

The scent, for one, is fantastic. It reminds me of a hybrid of a classic fougerè and barbershop staple. I've used it a few times now, and performance is great. I give it a few swirls with the brush and then face lather. After the first few dips in the water, the lather explodes, and it morphs into a really rich, slick lather. Some people have issues lathering Tabula Rasa creams, but it's been good to me so far.

Sounds fantastic, thank you. I am going to check out Tabula Rasa. I am thinking of participating in the year of restraint 2015 edition. While I have more than enough software to get me through an entire year I am going to use the opportunity to justify stocking up on more...just in case. At least one of the new aqcuisitions will be T.R., will just have to settle on a scent when the time comes.

This may be a subject for a new thread, but thought I'd ask the gentlemen that frequent the 3017 thread as you are THE experts on all things soap and cream related. Bob is going to use Steam Punk, which is a LE cream that was produced in partnership with Shave Nook, and it got me thinking. I know B&B has the occaisional LE badger brush, and B&B essential boars. I've also seen some pens, cups, lighters, etc. Does anyone recall if B&B has ever partnered with a soap or cream producer to offer a LE B&B Soap / Cream? I haven't seen anything mentioned but may have missed it. Just curious. I think a special scented B&B LE soap or cream would be great and I would certainly be on board.

We have had two LE soaps in the past from Charles at QED and Mama Bear, and Sue from Saint Charles Shave created Bay Rum with a Twist (offered as a cream) for us. We're overdue for a new one, but some things are in the works.

We have had two LE soaps in the past from Charles at QED and Mama Bear, and Sue from Saint Charles Shave created Bay Rum with a Twist (offered as a cream) for us. We're overdue for a new one, but some things are in the works.

Thats great news, thank you for the info Sir.

I've mostly been having good shaves with the Tabac, but my lather making game is way off. It's like every day I struggle more and more to make lather. Completely lost my way. Not sure if I should be going drier or wetter or loading longer or no pressure or pressure on the puck. Need to watch some vids and practice or something.

Anyways, I probably have a few weeks left on the Tabac. It's going down, but taking it's time.

Bump?

I have been working on my Proasso green and am really happy that I am making really awesome lather. I have had 3 weeks of awesome shaves and am expecting quite a few more. I would post a picture but a 20% used up tub doesn't seem picture worthy.

Just another post to keep this up top and on page 1...

Tomorrow will be the last day for the AOS tallow Lemon. A couple of drops of Myrsol Agua di Limón helped aid in the scent department, and this was a great puck for about 62 shaves. I didn't abuse the puck unnecessarily, but I did make sure every shave had a great lather. The remnants have been moved from a tin to the bottom of my scuttle. Three quarters of a Speick stick will be finished next after I mill it into the empty tin. Slick will be the operative word for the next 3 weeks and the scent of Speick is one of my favorites!

Last edited:
Just another post to keep this up top and on page 1...

Tomorrow will be the last day for the AOS tallow Lemon. A couple of drops of Myrsol Agua di Limón helped aid in the scent department, and this was a great puck for about 62 shaves. I didn't abuse the puck unnecessarily, but I did make sure every shave had a great lather. The remnants have been moved from a tin to the bottom of my scuttle. Three quarters of a Speick stick will be finished next after I mill it into the empty tin. Slick will be the operative word for the next 3 weeks and the scent of Speick is one of my favorites!

I love the AOS Lemon. :thumbup1:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Going through the remaining days of Speicktember. After this, should I go with the Haslinger Schafmilch or quickly bang out a puck of Col. Conk Bay Rum? I have not used a glycerin-based soap in many a moon and would venture a guess that the Col. Conk puck (2.25 oz.) would not last a whole month.

Going through the remaining days of Speicktember. After this, should I go with the Haslinger Schafmilch or quickly bang out a puck of Col. Conk Bay Rum? I have not used a glycerin-based soap in many a moon and would venture a guess that the Col. Conk puck (2.25 oz.) would not last a whole month.

HASLINGER without a doubt.

You owe to yourself and more importantly us, to finally give this soap the 3017 treatment and tell us what you think. :thumbup1:

Speicktember still going. I mashed the final third into a bowl and have been going at it with an SOC, B&B boar and a TGN Silvertip. Loading like I'm impressed with the lather but utterly bored by the scent and raring to go for RazoRocktober

I should have enough Mike's left to get me 1 October when I'll start B&M Hallows. That should carry me through Halloween.

I scraped the bowl and weighed it to make sure I could get a Sunday shave in...it was barely enough, so m calling it.

100g of soap, 42 perfect shaves.

Another big shout out and thanks to @inspiringK for PIFing me the Vitos :thumbup1: It was a joy to use and one I would recommend people trying to find...which seems to be difficult these days.
$uploadfromtaptalk1411830769655.jpg

Last edited:
As much as I wanted to do RR Mudder next, I just checked and have done 2 RR's in the past 3 (Caribbean Coconut & P.160).

So I am switching it up and doing 120g of remaining Castle Forbes Lavender (oldest cream in my den).

I've been waiting to come back to this one. It seems to have softened a bit, maybe due to age.

Last edited:
As much as I wanted to do RR Mudder next, I just checked and have done 2 RR's in the past 3 (Caribbean Coconut & P.160).

I may switch it up and do Castle Forbes Lavender (oldest cream in my den), LASS Woodsy Lavender or pull out something completely different.

Decisions Decisions.

CF Lavender - This is my top shaving cream/soap and I would love to hear your feedback. Also, I have been trying to use my creams as soon as I open them as I am not convinced that they won't go rancid.

Top Bottom