What's new

My Guess... 3017

At the hospital with our newborn, so I opted to leave the Speick stick at home since I don't have a good way to transport it. Instead opted to bring a small sample of QCS Rose Otto. This is my first foray into QCS soaps, and I am instantly hooked. Of the rose scented soaps I've sniffed, this is by far my favorite. It might even be the soap that coaxes SWMBO into enslaving for her legs. And this stuff gathered instantly. Also stood up well to water, as I have the tendency to over dip my synthetic.
QCS Rose Otto is a dream. My SWMBO loves it too. Congratulations on the new arrival. I hope everything went well and he/she is healthy and Mom is resting comfortably. God bless them both.

82 shaves and maybe halfway done. Scent is starting to fade a bit as well. Still is a great product, but this one is really going to test my resolve. I am really starting to yearn for something different.
Are we supposed to remember what soap you started 82 days ago. This thread is not just all about you ya know.

Edit; to add :001_smile

Last edited:
The Nomad is Nomore. It lasted for 79 shaves. It's still one of my favorites and I'm glad I bought a couple extra pucks when I heard about the reformulation. The other pucks should easily last over 100 uses if I don't grate them. The one I just finished was grated twice to fit into different bowls.
Up next is the small tin of PPF Cucumber that I started earlier this summer. I hope I can finish it before the weather gets too cool for cucumber. If it cools off before the PPF is gone, I'll pause it and finish next spring.

7/19/14-9/18/14 Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad soap (27 previous uses, 79 total)
9/19/14-________ 3" tin Petal Pusher Fancies Cucumber (13 previous uses)

Last edited:
Thought I was making progress on my Razorock KOTC hard lime...nope. I had some of it in a tiny col conk wood bowl and recently bought a Razorock wood bowl to transfer it to so I could put the whole puck in the bowl. Found out that the razorock bowl would be filled to the brim. A lot of shaves left in this puck.

What a difference a brush makes! Today was the first time I used my badger with PPF. It was good before, but now it's definitely on my "must replace" list. My boar and synthetic are going to get bored.

I can see a spot at the bottom of the tin containing the AOS tallow Lemon. I'm still several shaves short of 2 months. I think I'll get 2.5 months at this rate, and I don't consider myself a heavy loader. I'm a little surprised, and I want this one to last longer! Glad I have a few pucks in reserve and will be glad to get back to it later.

Still working on the Mikes Barber Shop. I may be able to finish this off before SCS punkin starts Oct 1, but I doubt it. Been using the SOC boar but Mikes is holding strong.

On a side note, todays shave was a bit of a surprise. Some years ago I had tried a pack of Treet carbon steel "Black Beauty" blades but they seemed rough to me so I never used them again. I believe I was using a Merkur or EJ 3 piece razor at that time. Recently someone on B&B mentioned that those carbon steel Treets matched very well with Gillette TTO's. I needed to order some Volabra anyway so I threw in a pack of Black Beauties just for the heck of it. Today I dialed my '66 Slim back to 5 (normally I use 8) and dropped the Treet blade in. Used the SOC to face lather some Mikes and surprise surpise...one of the smoothest closest shaves I've had from my old Slim. It was just 1 shave so I am going to stick with the Slim / Treet pair for a while as I continue using Mikes the next couple weeks. I guess old dogs can learn new tricks...or in this case Treets.

I finished off my puck of Dapper Dragon Ice Wyrm this morning. I used it about 5 days a week since starting. Great performance from this one from start to finish. I'll probably finish some more samples till then end of the month and start on my next puck on the 1st again.

Art of Shaving Sandalwood (40%) 8/12/13 - 9/1/13

DR Harris Windsor sample 9/2/13 - 9/19/13
Coates Sandalwood 50ml 9/20/13 - 10/4/13
RazoRock XX tub 10/5/13 - 10/31/13
SCS Mochaccino 11/15/13 - 12/13/13
Barrister & Mann Cheshire (60%?) 1/1/14 - 1/17/14
samples 1/18/14 - 1/31/14
Barbiere di Figaro Esclusivo 2/1/14 - 3/19/14
samples 3/20/14 - 3/31/14
Mama Bear Dublin Tweed 4/1/14 - 6/13/14
Dapper Dragon Ice Wyrm 7/1/14 - 9/20/14

Haven't seen any pics of puck progress on this thread in awhile. I'm early on in my quest to conquer a puck of Mike's so not much to see here but will post once some real progress is evident. Anyone else closing in on completing a puck and can show us?

Here is my 100g of Vitos with a few shaves left in it.

It's going faster now as it's quite soft at this point.

$uploadfromtaptalk1411247288732.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom