What's new

Plaid pants

Where can a guy find a decent pair of plain front plaid pants?

Do you guys find that most of your good tailors have plaid fabric?

Not looking for the baggy, billowing style or the grey plaid-esque stuff . More of a straight leg almost 70s looking deal.

I have a picture of me and my brothers in the 70's with plaid pants and maroon suit jackets.

Never again, I say!

proxy.php

wear this fedora and you're good to go

Hey, no scaring off a guy that is new and has only 4 posts!

Welcome, zozo!

What kind plaid trousers were you looking for exactly?

Things like Glen Plaid I would think most tailors would have. Brooks Brothers has fairly sublte plaid dress trousers in plain front. More bold, I am not sure, general, but J Press has a beautiful pair of madras slacks on sale right now. (All J Press is flat front. I would think that J Press would have various plaids, as well.)

A hat like that comes with a a bowl of soup.

I'm looking for very dark, black/green or black/blue black/red. Wool would be good. I may have to just have them made. Yes a bit of a flare would be fine.

Can't scare me off. :001_cool:

Having a little trouble visualizing.

Sounds perhaps like a pattern and fabric one sees in flannel/wool-type blazers around the winter holidays on some guys, so I would think that it is the type of fabric a tailor could get.

Cannot think of a regular store that would be a ready source, given that J Press does not seem to be, although I assume we are beyond much of J Press's winter catalog by now.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
A hat like that comes with a a bowl of soup.

I'm looking for very dark, black/green or black/blue black/red. Wool would be good. I may have to just have them made. Yes a bit of a flare would be fine.

Can't scare me off. :001_cool:

Check the various places that sell scottish clothing ... kilts &c. They often have tartan trousers.

I suppose it's a very dark tartan type plaid. Kind of have to look a bit closely to see they are plaid.

I will check out your suggestions: thanks cstrother and doc4!

Top Bottom