What's new

Proraso/Bigelow causing skin wrinkles?

After trial and error in trying to figure out what product is causing this, I've finally traced it to the Bigelow cream. After using it, my face looks...slightly wrinkly. Not much, but its there. Everything else I use is soaps (Cade, VDH, and Col. Conks) and they do not do this to my skin.

My skin doesn't look bumpy or razor burned, it's just slightly wrinkly after I use Bigelow cream. Could it be the menthol is aggravating my skin? Has anybody else experienced this?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That's strange. Never heard of it.

In fact, last Saturday I was walking to the Greek market down the street and there was a Gent walking toward me. He probably was ~80 yo.

A bit of wind... Proraso for sure! He looked great!

First time I've ever seen this complaint. That said, if you think it's the Bigelow, stop using the Bigelow!

Thanks guys. My wife says I'm just getting old (32). Calling it wrinkles might be a stretch, but my skin (especially on my cheeks) just isn't smooth looking after I use it. My other soaps don't cause this weirdness.

My thought is maybe the menthol is numbing my face and I'm using pressure even though I don't think I am?

I really don't want to give up on it though.

Menthol can be drying, more so for some than for others. When your skin is dry, it's bound to look a little more wrinkly.

I would save it for the summer when your skin will likely be better hydrated to begin with, and see if it has the same effect then.

I would have to agree with the above poster.IMO your skin is sensitive to menthol and the menthol is drying it to the point that it looks wrinkly.
This happens to me if I use regular soap on my face,no joking that this can age my face a good 60 years,and makes me look like Grandma Moses.
Just give your skin a break for a few days and it will come back to normal.

Top Bottom